Holiday Decorations?

lvislands

Am I missing the point here but isn't going on holiday an opportunity to escape home ( including xmas) forget about Santa and all his shennanigans and get on with having a holiday!

I can't understand people who go on a holiday to get home from home, why not just stay at home!

Am I missing the point here but isn't going on holiday an opportunity to escape home ( including xmas) forget about Santa and all his shennanigans and get on with having a holiday!

I can't understand people who go on a holiday to get home from home, why not just stay at home!

I'm Jewish but I can absolutely understand people going away over any holiday, even Christmas. Some can only go away during a holiday.

Moreover, Christmas and other holidays are great times to relax and let someone else cook, clean etc so you can spend MORE time with your friends and family. That's what holidays are all about...sharing good times together, being thankful for one another and creating memories.

Christmas and other holidays are great times to relax and let someone else cook, clean etc so you can spend MORE time with your friends and family. That's what holidays are all about...sharing good times together, being thankful for one another and creating memories.

Hi, all,

We're cruising from 11/22 and won't be home until 12/23. I'm debating about how much we want to do for holiday decorations for home and out-doors in our pre-leaving.

I think our neighbors would miss our green boughs and red bows on the wrought iron fence for our corner house, so I think we'll try and get that done before we leave.

We won't get home until 12/23, and we will have the adult "kids" here at the house for crab dinner and fun on 12/25 (no young grand-children yet).

We normally decorate a lot for the holidays, as we have a 1916 house that lends itself well to green boughs around our wood columns and to the

Norwejian(sp?) hand stitched wall hangings that we have, and usually display during the holiday season.

Do any of you have advice about how much we should do to make our home a holiday place for our return?

I don't want to feel let down, nor do I want to feel like we'll miss the season, especially since my step-kids won't be on our cruise (but will be getting great gifts from us from the trip).

I also know that we'll be busy with getting ready for our trip before we leave, and that we'll have a lot of fun things to enjoy and share from our cruise when we're back.

Any advice or recommendations? I kmow that we all have different expectations and plans and thoughts, but I would appreciate your suggestions as this is a new experience for us.

Happy Planning and Anticipations for each of us,

Marcia, & Michael

I work at a school and sometimes the best time to get away is when the students are gone. I can take a vacation with the least amount of vacation time used.

I wasn't aware Santa even had "shenanigans" . . .

and you chose this for your first post?

what's the big deal having decorations on our ship? yes i would enjoy it festive when vacationing over the holidays.

sitfur i'm in the same boat as you--literally and figuratively! we're decorating before i leave in november. the kids can enjoy the decorations and i don't have to try and decorate all jet-lagged!

we're decorating before i leave in november. the kids can enjoy the decorations and i don't have to try and decorate all jet-lagged!

thanks for your info about how you're handling the holiday bit. I think we'll do the same, and decorate before we leave. I don't know yet, if we'll do as much as we usually do, as that's a lot, but I think you have a great point, ann marie, about doing it before rather than trying to do so with the jet-lag after we're back. it's a different holiday season, without our usual cookie-baking here at the house, but I know we can deal with it, and enjoy the great times on the ship instead!

Archived