Bow or stern? seasickness question

Where's the best area of the ship to avoid seasickness? We're choosing a cruise now and we want to select a room in which we will be least likely to feel the grab of seasickness. We're considering a balcony on either the port or starboard side or perhaps on the stern. Thanks for any help.

Low mid-ship is the best place to be if you get or fear seasickness. The bow and stern tend to rock and roll more - think of a plastic boat in a swimming pool and note where the most motion occurs.

Last week we sailed the Disney Wonder, had an aft stateroom and it bounced around a bit the first night. Thankfully we aren't prone to seasickness but I must say I felt the roll more there than when I was midship on the Voyager.

I would have to say try for mid ship. It doesn't have to be an inside stateroom. I can only cruise by taking Meclizine tablets and am fine in a balcony stateroom. I do feel every bit of motion and it is so much worse for me at the back of the ship. Last cruise we were visiting friends in the corner aft cabin, I had to leave after a short while. Just didn't like the movement back there.

Denice

Book something mid-ship and on deck 7 or 8. We've taken the over the counter medication called Bonine (same as meclazine). It works great! You're going to be in other areas of the ship where you will feel the motion, so take the Bonine each day and you will not feel sick. It doesn't make you sleepy either.

We just got back today from the Rhapsody. Yesterday, we ran into a freak storm and the boat was rocking and rolling. The decks were closed to passengers and many people got sick. From personal experience, Dramamine works wonders and the mid ship was definately the best place to be! The front was much worse than the back. We rode out some of it in the indoor hot tub, which wasn't too bad.

Min

Archived