Where NOT in Ft Lauderdale ???

RichNY

I've seen a couple posts mentioning Hamptin Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North, but the address listed isn't the same as the one I've reserved at 2301 SW 12th Ave. Can anyone tell me anything about the 12th Ave location? We've usually found Hampton Inns to be fairly consistent as far as quality & service even in some pretty remote areas. THanks for any comments.

I've seen a couple posts mentioning Hamptin Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North, but the address listed isn't the same as the one I've reserved at 2301 SW 12th Ave. Can anyone tell me anything about the 12th Ave location? We've usually found Hampton Inns to be fairly consistent as far as quality & service even in some pretty remote areas. THanks for any comments.

It is the same hotel. State rt 84 is Marina Mile Rd. The Hampton is just off it on SW 12th. There is a Mcdonalds on the corner and then the hotel. It was perfect for us, very clean, nice, good clientle, staff was helpful and efficient, comfortable surroundings, very convienient to the airport and an easy drive to the port.

Su

• 2 weeks later...

Just don't stay at the Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale Beach. Was just there for 4 nights and honestly I almost moved out of the Hotel after 2 night it was just Nasty!! We noticed the box spring had all these stains of goodness knows what all over it. They did end up changing our room; the new room was at least clean but still in need of some serious repairs. I stayed because I bid this on Priceline and would have been out some money if I had switched hotels.

I don't think I'd ever use Priceline again except for maybe a one night stay (precruise we got the Sheraton at the Airport which was excellent), cause you get what you get and then you are stuck with it.

We have stayed at the Sheraton airport twice, once as recently as this past November. We will be staying there again for one night next month. It's a very nice hotel, clean and the staff is friendly. We also always get the hotel through priceline for $50.

The only minor downside is that the room doors slam and are very loud.

• 7 months later...
A group of us are looking for infomation on hotels to avoid for our pre and post cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions on where to saty would be greatly appreciated. We would prefer to spend less than $150...:) ...and we will need 4 rooms.:D

Thanks.

Hi Rick,

We have reserved our space on the Orient Point Ferry, towards the end of the month! Any idea if the roads are open from Islip to Orient Point? Also, in watching TAPS the other night and noticed we will cruise right by the haunted lighthouse...lol!

Orient Point to New London! :)

Thanks for your help,

C

Was the Holiday Inn-FL Beach so terrible? I stayed there after a Boston snowstorm stranded me and I booked on Priceline. We had a huge room, clean, with a view of the ocean.

The hotel definitely did not feel as smooth and corporate as a chain hotel. The pool was kind of small and depressing and the lobby felt left behind by at least twenty years. I wouldn't want to spend a vacation there, but for pre- or post-cruise I thought it was nice enough, certainly not a disaster or a vacation-destroyer. I liked having the beach across the street. Perhaps I was just lucky with my room. Also, I didn't look closely at the box spring, I'm sure it was old and well-used.

We recently stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express on SR84. After reading some of the comments on here I was a little concerned but it was a great hotel.

The area did not appear to be that bad to me either, a shopping plaza across the street with grocery & fast food stores. Not a lot to do if you are wanting to party all night but that wasn't important to us.

The Holiday Inn also gave us several menu's from Restaraunts in the area that delivered so we enjoyed a wonderful Italian meal brought right to our room. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again. They have even have a free Airport/Port shuttle, we didn't get to use that cause they said they didn't have the parking space for us to leave our car for 5 nights.

While that HIX is new, all is not as it may appear at first glance in regards to the neighborhood. It's not a very safe area to be out walking around in - particularly at night. And I certainly would never leave my car parked there for a week! :eek:

The SE 17th Street area that I recommend is much safer, has similar quality hotels that are similarly priced or even less expensive depending on your dates. It has everything you could possibly want, including the very popular Water Taxi, within safe, easy walking distance. It's also a quicker drive to the airport from the SE 17th Street hotels, and they're located just outside the entrance to the port.

Trent - thanks for all of your FLL hotel insights - much appreciated!

Can you tell me which grocery store would be the closest to the Extended Stay America hotel on 17th St?

In 2002 we stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th, and there was a Winn Dixie supermarket a few blocks north. Is there now a Publix store next to the Amerisuites (to the east, or behind the Embassy Suites) ?

Which one of these would be closer to the ESA in your opinion ?

Publix & Winn-Dixie are both about the same distance from Extended Stay America, but Publix is much nicer. It's a brand new store in a large new strip mall that's behind the Embassy Suites, and behind the strip mall that's right next door to ESA. From ESA go west to Cordova Road and turn left, it's a couple of blocks back in the middle of the new mall - You can't miss it.

Publix & Winn-Dixie are both about the same distance from Extended Stay America, but Publix is much nicer. It's a brand new store in a large new strip mall that's behind the Embassy Suites, and behind the strip mall that's right next door to ESA. From ESA go west to Cordova Road and turn left, it's a couple of blocks back in the middle of the new mall - You can't miss it.

Thanks Trent !

I should have mentioned that we are staying at the ESA pre-cruise, and I was just looking for a decent store nearby where we could get a few bottles of water and soda, and some treats for the ship's crew. I just found a CVS (or Eckerd?) Pharmacy that looks to be just across 17th from the ESA, and a Walgreens just east. I think these might be closer to the ESA than Publix, and should have what we need. (I am even tempted to not pack some items like sunblock, and just buy them at CVS.)

Can you confirm any of this info ?

Thanks-in-advance - appreciate your help !

Archived