New ship orders for princess

dedosr

Does anyone have any specific information on whether princess has any new ship plans in it's immediate future? If so do they plan on competing with the likes of the oasis?

New ship will be a larger grand class ship.
To my knowledge, there are no Princess ships currently on order or being built. There may be plans for another ship but I don't think it's been ordered yet. I may be wrong, though. I doubt there'll be one to compete with the Oasis as there are few ports capable of handling a ship that size and Princess has many more varied and exotic itineraries than RCCL does so if they did build a ship that size, they would be limiting themselves as to available itineraries. That wouldn't be a good thing.

Hi There,

New ship is still at planning stage , will be a grand class in lay out

but ship will have are designed deck 5 may be a bit longer etc but still

early days,

also a bit of gossip that Carnival Corp might use another order for

a Princess while if CC was to aquire another cruise line plans would change

again, just need to sit tight and watch this space.

yours Shogun

Do you have any more specific information

From Captain Foster (Golden Princess) June 2009 he stated that a ship is already under construction. It was started for another Carnival Company line and taken by Princess. It will be like the Ruby Princess and about 90 ft longer and about 200 additional passengers. ;)

I think CCL is smart to wait - as shipyards get hungry for business as they work off their backlog, there may be deals to be had. Additionally, both STX and Fincantieri are eligible for major government subsidies which might be offered if the markets don't perk up of their own volition.

CCL is conserving cash, riding out the slump and, I wager, will do a little bargain hunting. Not a bad strategy.

My personal fervent hope is that they'll eventually go back to Mitsubishi for a couple of sisters to Diamond/Sapphire.

Colo ..... assuming that fincantieri was doing the ship build their order books to 2012 show no options for Princess, however there are orders for Costa but not at the size you are suggesting and the only other one that would be close to what you say is the sister to the Carnival Dream..... Carnival Magic and that ship has already been named!

Colo ..... assuming that fincantieri was doing the ship build their order books to 2012 show no options for Princess, however there are orders for Costa but not at the size you are suggesting and the only other one that would be close to what you say is the sister to the Carnival Dream.

I know, we discussed this before, I am just relaying what the Capt told us.

This was after Alan Buckelew was onboard too.

I would not count on what Fincantieri releases to the public, they would not allow access to the competition even though it probably be easy for them to find out. From what I have seen on the Fincantieri web site its pretty generic.

Who knows.

Colo .... the yard numbers are also there for each ship on order, it may be that someone else may get to build a New ship if it is in fact True? but seeing as Carnival put virtually all their orders via Fincantieri the only other company that builds for them Meyer-Werft (Aida) have recently extended their covered building dock and can now build upto around 130,000 tons! although even they currently have the Celebrity Eclipse in build and the Aida Blu as well as having started the First of 2 Disney ships!

There is a modified Grand class ship either on order or already being built for sister line P&O (UK), named Azura or somesuch.

Perhaps they will switch it to Princess.

One of P&O's ships (Arcadia) was at various times, while being built, assigned to either HAL or Cunard before ending up with P&O.

Colo .... the yard numbers are also there for each ship on order, it may be that someone else may get to build a New ship if it is in fact True? but seeing as Carnival put virtually all their orders via Fincantieri the only other company that builds for them Meyer-Werft (Aida) have recently extended their covered building dock and can now build upto around 130,000 tons! although even they currently have the Celebrity Eclipse in build and the Aida Blu as well as having started the First of 2 Disney ships!

No choice but to wait and see. ;)

It's probably being built on the Clyde or Tyneside:) - could be nuclear powered so top secret:rolleyes:

that would be built by Norfolk Drummond in Hampton Rhodes and I know they bre already building CVN78 Gerald R Ford with a 2014 delivery

Archived