Can we talk cockroaches honestly?

skt4cruise

My family was in that exact same cabin in April and we didn't see any bugs at all. I did hear chair scrapping between 3 and 4 am each night when they were cleaning the Great Outdoors (but I'm a light sleeper). Also, the balconies on Deck 9 below were MUCH bigger, so you might want to look at a lower deck. We loved the ship and hope you have a great cruise!

Thank You!!!

I've never seen a roach on any ship I cruised or worked on. In fact the cruise ships galleys and restaurants are so clean its crazy. The ship that failed its inspection has a much cleaner kitchen area then the top rated restaurant on land im sure.

LMAO!! :D

How ironic. I have posted there 3x this morning...having a conversation with an X cruiser who feels 'above' the rest.

*sigh*

:rolleyes:

That is certainly your take on the exchange halos, not everyone agrees with your take though. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As to cockroaches . . . . . . . although I have never specifically looked for them, I have not seen one on our 20+ cruises (NCL,HAL, RCI, Carnival, Costa or Celebrity).

That is certainly your take on the exchange halos, not everyone agrees with your take though. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, it wouldn't be the first time, ;) but after reading the gentleman's posts again, I stick by my statement. I also was not the only person who took offense.

Anyway, I'm glad to have never seen a roach and hope I never do. It would seriously detract from the cruise experience.

We booked an aft balcony on a Celebrity ship and had cockroaches coming down from deck above, which was an outside eatery. ... Looking at Gem this time, cabin 11654, DH refusing now to book because of waking up to roach on the phone (and no he did not use long distance) right next to DH nose.

We had 11152 on the Gem, NYC to Barcelona, 3 1/2 months ago. This is an aft cabin, just down the hall from 11654 you are looking at. Yes, the cabins are directly under the outdoor cafe. We did not see any bugs at all. None. Sometimes entering or leaving a port, people would throw small pieces of bread off the rear of the ship, for the seagulls who were quite efficient at catching the bread in the air. A few times we were able to smell food being cooked above us. Bugs? None, ever.

Rich

Now, Cockroaches are odd little creatures, they can go through cracks so small, you wouldn't believe it, I think they dismember their bodies:o...We take a glass and put a splinter of a toothpick under one side of the glass, with the glass being upside down on the counter, or on the restroom floor...Now under this glass we place a small bit of food, Cockroaches love the left overs from chocolate covered strawberries, when the cockroach goes under the glass to eat, 9 out of 10 times, that splinter will move as he crawls under and presto, you will catch the cockroach, he cannot get out...

Try it on your next cruise, it's a neat trick!;)

Archived