Banje Beach Dubrovnik..

My husband, my 3 children and I will be in Dubrovnik in October and since many of our other ports will have extensive walking and sightseeing I thought the kids might enjoy a day at the beach in Dubronvnik. I've read that Banje Beach is nice but have no idea how to get there from the ship or if it is even feasible. Has anyone tried this?

Thank you

Anne

Average high temperature in October is 71 F, low is 60 F.

Banje Beach is just in front of the east entrance (Ploce Gate) to the old city.

This year has hardly been average here in Dubrovnik. You mention October, but no specific dates. This past October it was wet, windy and not so very nice. The prior year we went from summer to winter within a couple of weeks late October. I doubt if you will swim in the sea as the temperature drops dramtically as we enter fall.

To locate Banje beach, one must exit the old town from the Ploce (plo-cha) gate and walk eastward. It will take you about 10 minutes to stroll up there. If weather is bad, the entrance gates will be pad locked, so do be prepared.

It's going to be hit or miss for beach weather in October, but you can walk through the old town and stop at one of the sidewalk cafes for a cold drink.

If you visit the Dubrovnik tourist bureau website you will find a wealth of valuable information about the sights - well worth visiting. The children may enjoy a visit to the Maritime and Rupe Museum, they are unique in their displays. I strongly suggest you have a back up plan as our weather will be the deciding factor during your limited time in Dubrovnik.

Archived