Back To Back

wagmart

We are getting ready to book a back cruise on the Westerdam in November. What I am curious about is when the first half of the cruise is done what do we have to do. Do we get off with the cruisers that are leaving. Because of the time in port we figured we would get a car and see the sights in Ft Lauderdale. Where in the process of leaving the ship do the btb people fit in? Just some general ideas of what happens would be appreciated. Thanks

Steve:)

Ft Lauderdale

Most people stay on the ship on turn-around day.

But I see that you wish to rent a car and see some of Ft lauderdale.

You will need to notify the front desk the day before the end of the first cruise - otherwise they will give you a time and place to meet with other intransit guests to go through security -- which is after all passengers have left the ship -- anywhere from 9:15 to 10.

By notifying the front office that you are renting a car and going out on your own you can leave the ship anything after it has been cleared. You will need your passport to go through immigration in the terminal. And you will also need to complete a customs form inorder to leave the cruise terminal.

You may or may not be given a new ID card depending on whether you book this as 1 or 2 cruises. If you are given new ID cards for the second segment -- you will use the old ID cards to leave the ship and the new ID cards to get back onto the ship. You may have to get new pictures -- many times ours do not transfer over from the old ID card to the new ID card.

We had to attend both life boat drills on our b-to-b on Eurodam which began both segments in FLL.

We did not have to attend the second segment of our b-to-b on Maasdam for which we boarded in Boston, sailed to Montreal and then sailed back to Boston.

We have done a great many b-to-b's on HAL and everytime we have had turnaround in a U.S. port, we had to attend both drills.

we did 14 days on the westerdam in march.attended only 1 life boat drill.went on the airboat trip with the ship.don't forget your intansit card that will be in your state room the night before if you do you have to queue with the new passengers through imigration.we kept our room and card for the 2 weeks

We are taking a B2B in October on the Westerdam. We booked it as one cruise, so we have the same stateroom.

Our DS & DIL will be joining us for the second week. Will we be able to take them and their carryons to our stateroom when they board??

Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Denise

we did 14 days on the westerdam in march.attended only 1 life boat drill.went on the airboat trip with the ship.don't forget your intansit card that will be in your state room the night before if you do you have to queue with the new passengers through imigration.we kept our room and card for the 2 weeks

You were lucky!! Only 1 life boat drill for what is considered 2 differnt cruises!!

We are taking a B2B in October on the Westerdam. We booked it as one cruise, so we have the same stateroom.

Our DS & DIL will be joining us for the second week. Will we be able to take them and their carryons to our stateroom when they board??

Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Denise

YES -- your DS and DIL can certainly take their carry-ons to your cabin since your are doing a back-toback cruise. In fact they can even stay with you there until their cabin is ready. And of course you all can walk all over the ship and do whatever you want to do.

Just pick a place where you wish to meet them when they board the ship -- like one of the lounges (you don't habe to have a drink) -- just an easy place to meet -- may I sugest the Ocean Bar??

Enjoy!!

Just what I had hoped to hear!! The Ocean Bar sounds like a wonderful place to meet and a drink sounds lovely too. There is nothing like HAL's mojitos!!!

It is going to be so much fun to come back into FLL and have our kids join us!! They have cruised with us on our last two cruises. This will make three in a row :D

Cheers, Denise

Why not have them come to your cabin when they board? Do you both have cell phones? Have them call you when they are boarding and you can make any arrangement for meeting that you wish.

If they come to your cabin, they can drop their carryons, wash their hands, and you can do whatever you wish from there.

Yes, we all have cell phones. I imagine we will be on the phone with them shortly after we dock, as long as it isn't too early :D We will take them straight to our cabin, drop off their stuff and then off to the Ocean Bar :D

This will be their first HAL cruise. They have already gotten an upgrade from an inside cabin to an OV. We are also now on the same deck which is nice.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers, Denise

How did we all manage before we had our cell phones? :D What a convenience in just these kinds of situations.

No kidding. The cell phone will be wonderful in this situation for sure! I finally got my own phone last October....kicking and screaming that I didn't need one. I do!!

Cheers, Denise

Archived