My Conquest Review 7/26-8/2 w/Pics

Cruise_Q

OK so it took me two days or so to figure out how to use my new camara and upload pics...I had planned on having this review started on Sunday night...yeah right...

Where to start

We left Arlington, TX driving down to Galveston TX about 4am

This is what I looked like...

105_0001.jpg.32c6113b8120caf1805d065e6e0fd7cd.jpg

We made it to the port early about 10am and went right through. It was easy brazy...only having to wait behind 3 wedding parties to board. They had us dancing line dances which I LOVE to do so I was up in front of everyone doing my thing.

Next we were on the boat about 11:30 having a drink and some good food to eat.

105_0005.jpg?t=1249427774

th_105_0009.jpg

[/url] 105_0014.jpg?t=1249428020

Day 1 cont:

we were soon allowed to go to our rooms. When we got there, my bags were there and DH was not. He was a little worried but I was not. I am happy to say that the Rum Runners made it to the room in my bags safe and sound!!!

th_105_0023.jpg

And here are pic of the room location and the room it's self

th_105_0029.jpg

th_105_0031.jpg

Our room was at the front of the ship, inside room price w/a window and a deck out front...we LOVED IT!!!

What deck and room were you in? I dont remember there being any rooms that are on an outside deck. We stayed on the spa deck towards the front but the rooms were entered from an interior hall. Nice review!

Deck 7 Emprise (?) deck at the very front of the ship right under the bridge...you had to go out a door to get to the deck. I LOVE this location and room...Will try to stay there always when I cruise from now on!!

Day 1 cont:

we were soon allowed to go to our rooms. When we got there, my bags were there and DH was not. He was a little worried but I was not. I am happy to say that the Rum Runners made it to the room in my bags safe and sound!!!

th_105_0023.jpg

And here are pic of the room location and the room it's self

th_105_0029.jpg

th_105_0031.jpg

Our room was at the front of the ship, inside room price w/a window and a deck out front...we LOVED IT!!!

Looks like you had a blast. We're heading out Oct 18. What was your stateroom number? We've yet to stay in a front end cabin but from the pictures it looks wonderful. Was it windy on the deck or like any other balcony?

You forgot to mention Muster Drill. Did they do sailaway while Muster was still going on? They did with us. We are sailing Conquest again in November so I hope no sailaway during muster on that one.

Continue with the review.

Looks like you had a blast. We're heading out Oct 18. What was your stateroom number? We've yet to stay in a front end cabin but from the pictures it looks wonderful. Was it windy on the deck or like any other balcony?

Hey, you need to visit the rollcall for the 18th! Find out when the M&G is!

You forgot to mention Muster Drill. Did they do sailaway while Muster was still going on? They did with us. We are sailing Conquest again in November so I hope no sailaway during muster on that one.

There is nothing to look at during the sailaway. It is all shipping warehouses and oil rigs until you hit open water.

Hey, you need to visit the rollcall for the 18th! Find out when the M&G is!

Actually I was checking it out for awhile. Maybe I'll start up again - I've been hovering but not posting. :-) I'm so excited...got my pet sitter lined up, working on excursions...ready to sail away!

Oh and by the way...I hate mustering. I know the importance but it's always cramped and hot (or freezing when we go in February). Then we don't mind the mustering - its kind of cozy when its 40-50 outside and breezy!

OK so it took me two days or so to figure out how to use my new camara and upload pics...I had planned on having this review started on Sunday night...yeah right...

Where to start

We left Arlington, TX driving down to Galveston TX about 4am

This is what I looked like...

Love the review so far....keep it coming....

Thanks for the pics of the bathroom.....does is have a plug for hair dryer?

Me and DH are virgin cruisers......have been booked to a year and a half....44 days left....WAHOOOO!!!!!:D

Thanks for the review...We are boarding Aug 30, so I am ramping up my excitement!! Any help is certainly appreciated!! :D

TThompson...the OV rooms we stayed in the past three years did not have a plug that I could find in the bathroom. However, there is a dryer provided in the top drawer of the 'dressing' table area with at least one plug in there. Hence, many bring a strip for their other necessities that need some juice!:p Hope that helps!

Now from recent pics we know what to expect with the addition of the infamous 'Big Screen'...guess we will have to see if we love it or hate it or are indifferent!

Keep it coming!

Yeah the muster drill was about 3:30 it did not take long and we were not sailing away at the time...once it was over then we went to the top to sail off...

th_105_0036.jpg

th_105_0034.jpg

Love the review so far....keep it coming....

Thanks for the pics of the bathroom.....does is have a plug for hair dryer?

Me and DH are virgin cruisers......have been booked to a year and a half....44 days left....WAHOOOO!!!!!:D

the dryer is in the Drawer by the mirrow in the room...there is a plug but you should bring a power strip for extra outlets...

th_105_0024.jpgdryer in 1st small drawer

we got up and went for breakfast...

wonderful buffet with everything you could think of

our favorit place to sit was by the window to watch the ocean pass us by

th_105_0045.jpg

th_105_0046.jpg

not to soon after was time for the first drink of the day...

I was on a mission to get me a Whale Tail...

and I did!!!

th_105_0047.jpg

I went to the shop talk for the ports and DH went to watch the BB free throw...

we met back up for lunch...chanise and fish and chips (which was very good)

th_105_0048.jpg

hung out on the deck some more befor time to get ready for Captins Welcome Reception and Cruise Elegant Evening!!!

th_105_0050.jpg

th_105_0056.jpg

by the way...DH and I were interviewed at the Captians party...It played on the ship OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...Of course we bought the DVD so we could show our family...it was cool when people rec up the first 100 times or so LOL

Archived