My Conquest Review 7/26-8/2 w/Pics

Cruise_Q

We booked the Stingray and Island tour w/Native Way Water Sports.

They were awsome...

th_100_0159.jpg

th_100_0160.jpg

First we went to Stingray Sand Bar...It was in the middle of the ocean...and we were standing in waste high water sorrounded by the ocean with deps of 12-1500 ft of water...Later that night at dinner when I thought about that fact...I got scared...

th_423496-R1-24-24A_1.jpgth_423496-R1-25-25A.jpg

Our Guides on the Stringray Tour...There was one more who also drove us around town for our island tour but I didn't get his pic :(

th_100_0161.jpg

we were told it was 7 to 10 (which I am not sure since they said both) years of good luck when you kiss a ray...well you know I had to try...

th_423496-R1-13-12A.jpg

Me Kissing "my" ray

th_423496-R1-00-00A_1.jpg

DH had so much fun, he was trying to catch them all by himself...LOL

th_423496-R1-03-2A.jpg

there were other tours out there with us too but what I like about Native Way was the amt of people...Just DH and I w/another family...It was so nice...

Next stop HELL...

th_100_0184.jpg

th_100_0177.jpg

th_100_0178.jpg

the gift shop is cute...you can mail post card from there...the owner walks around in a cape and ask "how the HELL are you?" and "where the HELL are you from ?" when you walk into the shop...It is cute

th_100_0179.jpg

th_100_0183.jpg

We also went to the Rum Factory and broug some pinapple rum cake...OH it was so good. We walked around Cayman and I got all the FREE stuff from attending the siminars such ad Diamonds Internation charm braclet w/the turtle charm, umbrella and chair and Stingray charms. Also rec'v tanzinate (sp) earrings. Also got a neckless from Effy Jewelers too. Then we went back to the Ship for Elegent Night #2...

th_100_0186.jpg

pic of us as we boarded to return back to the ship

• 1 year later...

I am not sure why I did not finish this review. Thought I did, but after researching to my review to post an answer to a question on the Conquest, I see I did not...My bad...LOL. I will get it done, 2 years late better then never I guess...

Ok so that night was Elegant night #2 and it happened that our servers missed us the night before. They knew that was our anniversary so they surprised us with a nice desert...I was yummy...

100_0191.jpg

They also sung to us

100_0201.jpg

When we got back to the room this little guy was there

100_0202.jpg

Our next POC was Cozumel...we didn't do anything in Cozumel, but went to Play De Carmon (sp) for the day.

We did a Beach, Caves by Jeep excursion.

Playa from the ferry that took us there

100_0212.jpg

Our guides

100_0213.jpg

The Jeeps

100_0215.jpg

at the beach we had lunch and a little more...there were ppl topless too :-/

100_0216.jpg

Last day at sea.

We played sports trivia in my quest to win a ship on a stick

Even though my DH watches ESPN non stop and listens to it in his car NON STOP, he was of no help to me...

So we played once more for the movie Annie and guess what...

100_0247.jpg

I did have a little help from a young man who had just finished the play in school....but lets not talk about that...LOL

Final Thoughts:

Carnival Cruise Line was wonderful...

Conquest was wonderful...the CD and his staff made this a fun FUN time. I loved the deck party most of all and the stake house was nice as well. They treated us very good. There was plenty to do all day and night. I can not say enough about this trip and I wish I had it all to do again. I do recommend this Ship, Staff and POC...

Any questions, just ask...Q

Deck 7 Emprise (?) deck at the very front of the ship right under the bridge...you had to go out a door to get to the deck.I LOVE this location and room...Will try to stay there always when I cruise from now on!!

:DWe are sailing on Liberty and our cabin is 9202 Lido oceanview obs. just like yours. We love these cabins. My brother is going to be in 7202 were you were. We have been in this type cabin on 3 different ships and always try for them. We did have a Spa deck balcony on the Conquest, got an upgrade!:eek:

:DWe are sailing on Liberty and our cabin is 9202 Lido oceanview obs. just like yours. We love these cabins. My brother is going to be in 7202 were you were. We have been in this type cabin on 3 different ships and always try for them. We did have a Spa deck balcony on the Conquest, got an upgrade!:eek:

Yes I love that location and next time I cruise I plan on staying there...this time we got an inside since it was me and DD then my Sis is coming too..so I will be able to speak on the inside cabin and having 3 ppl too...lol it makes me more diverse I guess...LOL

OK so it took me two days or so to figure out how to use my new camara and upload pics...I had planned on having this review started on Sunday night...yeah right...

Where to start

We left Arlington, TX driving down to Galveston TX about 4am

This is what I looked like...

You look so much like a woman that I worked with years ago....Is your name Donna?

Love the review so far....keep it coming....

Thanks for the pics of the bathroom.....does is have a plug for hair dryer?

Me and DH are virgin cruisers......have been booked to a year and a half....44 days left....WAHOOOO!!!!!:D

We are going on the Liberty again to Eastern Caribbean in May with 11 including our 6 year old Grand Daughter and 2 virgin couples! I talked theminto the same outside cabins on deck 7 that we love on deck 9. The Conquest was a Great ship and we really enjoyed our Western Caribbean cruise on it. We did a really nice ezcursion in Mobay Jamaica you might like. It was a raft trip down a river and ended with a drink making demo on land. The wives all got a pedecure (sp) on the rafts. They were small bamboo rafts but our boatmen was great. Just a thought for Mobay. On Cozumel we did a meet and greet the Dolphins. This was great because my wife doesn't swim, and all we did was stand waste deep in the water and the dolphin came to see us. My wife didn't stop smiling the whole time. She said it made the whole cruise!

Anyway I wish you Happy Cruising, and remember there is no such thing as a bad cruise!!:D

Yes I love that location and next time I cruise I plan on staying there...this time we got an inside since it was me and DD then my Sis is coming too..so I will be able to speak on the inside cabin and having 3 ppl too...lol it makes me more diverse I guess...LOL

Keep on cruising;) Thanks for the photos brought back good memories of the Conquest:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Sat here and enjoyed your report so much. Just got over the hurricane here in Virginia Beach... Also read the sweet 16 review and that was great as well. Chel is a doll, my best wishes for her future!!:)

Thanks so much...love reading and writing reviews...:)

Archived