Brewed Iced Tea, or Not?

buffett010

We will be traveling on the Emerald. Does anyone know if the iced tea available is fresh brewed, or is it that reconstituted stuff?

I know that I can brew my own using the hot tea bags (and, boy, is it good with the Tropical Revolution!!), but would rather not.

If it is not brewed, then I might bring some cold brew tea and a pitcher to have on hand. Either way, I'm good, just need to know what to bring!

Thanks!

We will be traveling on the Emerald. Does anyone know if the iced tea available is fresh brewed, or is it that reconstituted stuff?

I know that I can brew my own using the hot tea bags (and, boy, is it good with the Tropical Revolution!!), but would rather not.

If it is not brewed, then I might bring some cold brew tea and a pitcher to have on hand. Either way, I'm good, just need to know what to bring!

Thanks!

The iced tea is made the same way the regular coffee is, from a syrup based concentrate, and it is very very strong. We normally do the same, brew our tea and then pour it over ice. But I have also brought along the cold brew tea bags for warmer climate voyages. ;)

Thanks!

Better pack the Iced Tea Brewing Machine!:D

I agree, if you care at all about the flavor of your iced tea - brew your own.

I can tell that I am a tea snob because the flavor of the iced tea is revolting, but I don't find the coffee to be that bad.

Cultural difference -- any tea made from tea bags is not brewed tea! Brewed tea is made from tea leaves. Though I agree the Revolution Tea is good -- remember to buy the coffee card to get the Revolution Tea at no charge.

if the iced tea available is fresh brewed, or is it that reconstituted stuff?

I know that I can brew my own using the hot tea bags (and, boy, is it good with the Tropical Revolution!!),

Thanks!

Revolution Ginger Peach--I get a large cup to go in the morning, and put it in the cabin refrigerator so I have iced tea when we get back from shore excursions. On the Diamond Alaska last June they had Good Earth tea in Horizon Court, and their peach was terrific too. I didn't see it on the Ruby.

Just a high-end tea (like Tazo) -- a lot better than the Lipton -- available at the Patisseries or wherever brewed coffee is available on the ship. Normally, it is $1 (like brewed coffee) but is no charge with no punch with the coffee card. There is a display box at the counter of the different types of Revolution Teas (green / black / breakfast) to help you choose.

what is Revolution tea? I'm a hot and iced tea drinker, but have not heard of it! Love my English Breakfeast tea and make sun tea with it during the summer. Guess I will have to make my own on the Ruby in November!

I thought the iced tea was fine- and actually the coffee too, so go figure. With all our different tastes, we have to admire the cruise staff for their un-ending smiles and willingness to please us. rlb

I was quite satisfied with the iced tea on the Emerald. Took my big Jamba Juice mug with me & filled it up mid-day and kept filling it up during the day. Also prefer Splenda over Equal & the stuff in the pink wrapper; don't use sugar.

Ok, I understand about the Revolution tea now. Why can't you just bring your own tea bags with you? They don't weigh much in your luggage? Better than having to buy a coffee card! We will have a balcony this cruise and I will consider making my own sun tea. It has never bothered me before though drinking the ship's tea or coffee that is free. I'm just happy to be on a cruise!

I apologize for this being off topic, but I love the photo of your dog! I knew of no other way to tell you!

We own a Wire Hair Fox Terrier, Named: Asta. She is the second Wire Hair we have had. Misty was our first one; made us fans of the breed.

emailjamessprice (AT) aol (DOT) com

I apologize for this being off topic, but I love the photo of your dog! I knew of no other way to tell you!

We own a Wire Hair Fox Terrier, Named: Asta. She is the second Wire Hair we have had. Misty was our first one; made us fans of the breed.

emailjamessprice (AT) aol (DOT) com

Not a problem at all. His name is Logan & he's 4 years old now; about 1 when I took that photo. He's my second Scottie.

I'd always enjoyed The Thin Man series & really impressed how well trained Asta was in those movies.

Cultural difference -- any tea made from tea bags is not brewed tea! Brewed tea is made from tea leaves. Though I agree the Revolution Tea is good -- remember to buy the coffee card to get the Revolution Tea at no charge.

What's inside of tea bags? I could have sworn it was (pieces of) tea leaves. I prefer loose leaf tea because there's a better selection, and good tea in bags (or 'sachets') is more expensive. For trips, we usually take Harney & Sons sachets and I can confirm that the bags are filled with tea leaves. For our Princess cruise we're looking forward to trying the Revolution brand.

Just a high-end tea (like Tazo) -- a lot better than the Lipton -- available at the Patisseries or wherever brewed coffee is available on the ship. Normally, it is $1 (like brewed coffee) but is no charge with no punch with the coffee card. There is a display box at the counter of the different types of Revolution Teas (green / black / breakfast) to help you choose.

Have you ever tried Dilmah tea. I find it excellent.

The inexpensive tea bags have tea dust -- the sweepings from the tea leaves drying process. IMHO, that is how the tea bags began. I have not looked up Willikpedia (sp?). The tea dust makes for strong tea but does not have the aroma. The sachets, which are high-end, are filled with real tea leaves.

What's inside of tea bags? I could have sworn it was (pieces of) tea leaves. I prefer loose leaf tea because there's a better selection, and good tea in bags (or 'sachets') is more expensive. For trips, we usually take Harney & Sons sachets and I can confirm that the bags are filled with tea leaves. For our Princess cruise we're looking forward to trying the Revolution brand.

Wow - you guys are quick and thorough! I am diabetic and enjoy having something else sugar-free to drink besides water, diet soda, and my Crystal Light.

Revolution Tea is what P.F. Chang's uses for their teas, if anyone goes there. We cannot find it in our groceries here, so order it online through their website. My 10 yr. old DS is hooked on their tropical tea (both hot and iced), so we keep a supply on hand. Much better than having him drink sugar laden sports drinks, sodas, and juices (pediatrician said all the diet drinks he wants, just the others at meal times), and when we go out to eat, he usually orders diet sodas and broccoli - the servers just give me a questioning look to make sure they understood him (especially since he is also ordering raw fish - go figure!!)

Anyhow, thanks for all your responses. We are buying a coffee card anyway for DH to get his brewed stuff, so will make my tea from there!

Archived