iPhone on Seabourn

LaPaloma

Just purchased an ATT iPhone--haven't quite commited to memory the 424 page book of instructions! Has anybody used the i Phone on Seabourn--it would appear from what I have read, it would be quite handy to have on the ship. Our next cruise is to the Caribbean.

Just purchased an ATT iPhone--haven't quite commited to memory the 424 page book of instructions! Has anybody used the i Phone on Seabourn--it would appear from what I have read, it would be quite handy to have on the ship. Our next cruise is to the Caribbean.

My Blackberry worked very well on board when we were in the Mediterranean and I have also used it on another cruise line in the Caribbean. So, I would imagine that the Iphone would work fine. However, you may get hit for roaming. I used my Blackberry twice a day. Downloaded all the e-mail and then switched it to local only. I did use it for phone calls but sparingly.

I have used mine on SeaDream in the Caribbean and in Europe. They work very well in either place. To avoid large data charges, you want to turn off the "push data" feature and set it to "manual" for retrieving emails or internet use. Otherwise, you will run up quite a bill. Also, AT&T will hit you for roaming on the telephone usage but it did not seem too much.

Archived