Passports

A question on your passports. Do you have to have them with you everytime you leave the ship, in ANY country, or is a photo copy alright??

I don't mind carrying it around if that is what is required, but I would much rather have it locked up in the safe.

What is the story in the Baltic countries???

A question on your passports. Do you have to have them with you everytime you leave the ship, in ANY country, or is a photo copy alright??

I don't mind carrying it around if that is what is required, but I would much rather have it locked up in the safe.

What is the story in the Baltic countries???

No matter what the actual rules are in each country, we personally believe you should NEVER get off the ship without your passport and a credit card.

If something should happen that you miss your ship (regardless of who you book with) if you have your passport and a credit card you are golden. If you don't....well, a bad dream could turn into a nightmare.

Play it safe...take it with you.

Russia is the only Country I know of that requires you to have your passport .

Other ports I carry a copy ...

the ship's purser usually has ours & if you are left behind they will leave them with the port agent

You should carry the Port Agent info with you usually provided in the daily newsletters...if you find yourself stuck in traffic contact them

Keep your passport with you. If you have any problems it won't do any good locked in the safe. As another poster said, keep a copy of your ship's daily newsletter with you too for the port agent's contact numbers. You'll need it if there are any problems.

We were on a cruise where a lady was injured during an excursion. Her family stayed with her while she was cared for in the hospital. It was a very good thing they all had their passports with them. They were able to rejoin the ship at the next port.

Copy is nice and will satisfy local officials usually, but if you need to change money, or if you need to get onward passage the real deal is required.

Put another way, do you carry your driver's license or a copy? If a policeman stops you and you offer the xerox copy what do you think will happen? Eventually it will work out, but . . .

Archived