Guarantee Cabins Success stories

Do you still get credits if the price goes down?

Not with the guarantee, only with ES.

I have had great luck with ES... but I knew when I was going and wasn't going to be changing dates. I have gotten one reduction in what I owed, 2 OBCs and an upgrade.

If there was any question about dates, who might be going with me, etc... I would book a guarantee.

Sorry but I don't understand the logic of a thread like this...

you want "success" stories....but there must be others who felt their guarantee was a "failure"..

if you look at the guarantee program, you are accepting what they give you

I never understood why people book this and then get upset

if they don't like where the cabin is....you can clearly book a specific cabin but it costs more

also the "early saver" has distinct rules....why do people complain afterwards?

reminds me of when people ONLY want to "hear positive reviews" about an excursion company, hotel, or even a ship or cruise.....obviously if there were bad reviews there must be some reason for them

sorry to rain on the parade but I think asking for only "success" stories doesn't mean squat, your cabin will be what they give you since you booked the guarantee program

very simple

now let's go over the rules for easy saver again??? I am sorry but sometimes I think people here just keep posting threads to "hear what they want to hear"

which is probably one reason some people are disappointed

and then come back and post unhappy reviews

I think much of it comes from having their excpectations set too high, from worrying about many little things, and failing to see the big picture..you are on a cruise !!

you want "success" stories....but there must be others who felt their guarantee was a "failure"..

I think its fun to dream too. They dont want to hear mostly folks got what they booked, or maybe a deck up, they want to hear that someone, 3 years ago, got this awesome upgrade ..... so it CAN happen to them too.

Anyone have any GREAT luck with this?

This is our first time trying this with a Gty Balcony.

On the Spirit I booked an inside GTY and got upgraded to a balcony cabin mid-ship. On the Valor I booked an inside GTY and got upgraded to an OV cabin forward (window actually faced the front of the ship). So, I've been lucky a few times. Figure 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Brand new cruiser here........be gentle!! We sail on the Ecstasy 10/17/09, have already made our final payment, and have received our cabin assignment (#U20, category 4C). Since we have already received our cabin assignment, is there still a chance for an upgrade? We booked under the Fun Saver rate. Thank you!

Sorry , I don't understand your logic of bashing my thread ?

I totally understand what a guarantee cabin is all about BUT reading these boards I started to hear that people do luck out with a guarantee.

It's a chance we're taking good or bad. Either way it won't ruin our vacation.

If I wanted to hear all the negatives I would have posted that question.

If it turns out we don't like it we won't book a guarantee again.

Regardless we've paid in full for a balcony guarantee cabin. I know we'll be in a balcony somewhere on the ship.

So... I'd like to leave my origional thread with success stories only.

Thanks.

And for those who book with an ES program.. So what.

And by the way, you didn't rain on my parade , I'm actually laughing .

I don't know you but based on what you wrote you seem more negative than alot of threads on this board .

Have a nice day.

if you look at the guarantee program, you are accepting what they give you

I never understood why people book this and then get upset

if they don't like where the cabin is....you can clearly book a specific cabin but it costs more

also the "early saver" has distinct rules....why do people complain afterwards?

reminds me of when people ONLY want to "hear positive reviews" about an excursion company, hotel, or even a ship or cruise.....obviously if there were bad reviews there must be some reason for them

sorry to rain on the parade but I think asking for only "success" stories doesn't mean squat, your cabin will be what they give you since you booked the guarantee program

very simple

now let's go over the rules for easy saver again??? I am sorry but sometimes I think people here just keep posting threads to "hear what they want to hear"

which is probably one reason some people are disappointed

and then come back and post unhappy reviews

I think much of it comes from having their excpectations set too high, from worrying about many little things, and failing to see the big picture..you are on a cruise !!

That what we did. We rolled the dice on a OV Gty on our last cruise (Inspiration - 8/20), and didn't particularly like our cabin assignment (lowest deck). So we watched the prices and moved up to Empress deck in a cabin we picked for $30 per person. For us the convenience was worth it.

You've been lucky too...

On the Spirit I booked an inside GTY and got upgraded to a balcony cabin mid-ship. On the Valor I booked an inside GTY and got upgraded to an OV cabin forward (window actually faced the front of the ship). So, I've been lucky a few times. Figure 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Sorry , I don't understand your logic of bashing my thread ?

I totally understand what a guarantee cabin is all about BUT reading these boards I started to hear that people do luck out with a guarantee.

It's a chance we're taking good or bad. Either way it won't ruin our vacation.

If I wanted to hear all the negatives I would have posted that question.

If it turns out we don't like it we won't book a guarantee again.

Regardless we've paid in full for a balcony guarantee cabin. I know we'll be in a balcony somewhere on the ship.

So... I'd like to leave my origional thread with success stories only.

Thanks.

And for those who book with an ES program.. So what.

And by the way, you didn't rain on my parade , I'm actually laughing .

I don't know you but based on what you wrote you seem more negative than alot of threads on this board .

Have a nice day.

I like your thread,,, don't listen to the grouches! LOL

I luv hearing the good stuff! I have always chosen my cabins.. even for both of the group cruises I planned ... never had the courage to book guarantee! but the thrill of gambling might be fun... although knowing myself I would be a nervous wreck not knowing the outcome until sail time! ;)

Thank You !!!!

Cruising and vacations are great for letting the stress that builds up during the year just melt away. I love these boards as I think we all get excited from all the threads/posts.

Then every now and then comes along someone who loves to be a downer.

We'll.... didn't work . I really laughed and thought to myself.. "This poor person doesn't seem happy, happy people share in one anothers happiness etc.." Negative people like to be the killjoys.

Thats another thread all together.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

I'm looking forward to the guarantee, It's a balcony no matter what and we love the fresh sea air vs. all walls.

Have a great night :-)

I like your thread,,, don't listen to the grouches! LOL

I luv hearing the good stuff! I have always chosen my cabins.. even for both of the group cruises I planned ... never had the courage to book guarantee! but the thrill of gambling might be fun... although knowing myself I would be a nervous wreck not knowing the outcome until sail time! ;)

This is what I love to hear.

I hope I can write a review with our success story from a guarantee cabin. I can hope can't I ?

We have done guarantee 3 or 4 times, every time, got at least 1 category upgrade. On our Carnival Victory cruise, we got upgraded from an 8A to a 12. It was such a nice surprise when we got to the terminal.

Thank You !!!!

Cruising and vacations are great for letting the stress that builds up during the year just melt away. I love these boards as I think we all get excited from all the threads/posts.

Then every now and then comes along someone who loves to be a downer.

We'll.... didn't work . I really laughed and thought to myself.. "This poor person doesn't seem happy, happy people share in one anothers happiness etc.." Negative people like to be the killjoys.

Thats another thread all together.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

I'm looking forward to the guarantee, It's a balcony no matter what and we love the fresh sea air vs. all walls.

Have a great night :-)

You know...I simply stated a fact...there are many silly threads here like "tell me something good about xyz hotel" etc...in the face of bad reviews

I am a very happy person....I really have NO desire for a balcony as they make me kind of quesy, and I like to be out and doing things

I also am afraid I would be near a smoker

"This poor person"...blah balh....I could say "this silly person only wants to hear success stories"....geeze

I really feel that you overreacted very badly and your comments are very personal

you really need to chill I guess

We had great luck. Last year (Nov/Dec) we booked a balcony GTY on the Triumph. There was a price drop, our TA tried for an OBC, and we got upgraded to a 9A aft wrap around balcony! It was great. Our first Carnival cruise no less!!

Paulbill

Carnival just called my TA. I had a balcony and an inside and they just moved my inside to a balcony for FREE! WOW I guess being Platinum pays off!:D

I am LOVING Carnival!!!!

Now if only the weather can hold up!

Awesome! Congrats! ( I am sooooo jealous! ) ;)

You've been lucky too...

Yes, I have been lucky so far. Basically I look at it this way, I've booked a 1A GTY on some cruises because that's what I can afford to pay when I am booking as a single cruiser. It can get pricey booking as a single. So I roll the dice and take my chances. I know there's a possiblity I'll end up on the other end of the ship (happened last year, even though I was upgraded I was Forward and the rest of my group was Aft). It's either that (and cruise with my whole group) or I stay home because I couldn't afford to book a particular cabin somewhere on the ship. Some cruises I have other people to share a room with so we'll book a specific cabin. I'd much rather take my chances at getting upgraded from a GTY and be on the cruise than not be on the cruise at all. I'm waiting for the upgrade fairy as we speak - tick tock, tick tock, shouldn't be long now.

Archived