Ventura 16/8 Southampton

HDPete

Well... we're getting all prepared and excited for our first crusie on the 16th August with our 2 kids (1 and 6).

The only thing that I can't find an answer to is whether P&O will allow a case of bottled water to be an item of luggage or not.

Also, if we purchase duty free at a local port - just the odd bottle for consumption on the balcony evenings - I presume that this is allowed and won't be held until we return to Southampton?

Does anyone have any experience of P&O from Southampton on these points?

Cheers!

Pete

P&O are one of the few lines that allow you to take onboard Alcohol, as long as you don't over do it. Bottled water is freely available onboard but at a price. Also water is drinkable onboard. Ad the other poster has said you do get a bottle on arrival in your fridge.

We always take a bottle of booze for our pre dinner drinks on the balcony.

Just ask you stateroom steward for some ice each day plus lemon for the G&T's.

I aam sure you will have a great cruise, we loved Ventura and I am sure your children will also. Tell them to look out for Noddy!!

Enjoy and let us know when you return how it all went.

You can take as many 'items of luggage ' as you want at southampton. A large bottle of water is about £1.40 for your cabin. You also get 2 small bottles free in your fridge. You can fill up the small bottles from the large one to take when you leave ship,or even fill the small bottles from the tap, it is drinkable. You can if you wish bring on your own water, I just take a winebox on (3 litre) It fits in cabin fridge and is for cabin balcony drinking only.

Archived