Any good news about the Veendam

alohadad

It's a GREAT idea, and I'd LOVE a chance to get to meet you! However, like Ruth, my flight home is that afternoon. :( And, as of right now it appears I'll not be solo on this cruise, but will have one of my usual traveling companions (Christopher) with me. Between us we have 4 bags + carry-ons. As Ruthless says, we don't travel light. :)

If not this trip, perhaps some other time?

Works for me. But! I'll be coming off a 32-day cruise (I'm boarding in Athens, then staying on), which means I'll have two big suitcases, and two carry-ons. I won't speak for Greg, but he doesn't travel light.

Also, I don't know if his cousin is coming or not. So, there may be more people.

It's a GREAT idea, and I'd LOVE a chance to get to meet you! However, like Ruth, my flight home is that afternoon. :( And, as of right now it appears I'll not be solo on this cruise, but will have one of my usual traveling companions (Christopher) with me. Between us we have 4 bags + carry-ons. As Ruthless says, we don't travel light. :)

If not this trip, perhaps some other time?

Ruth & Rev.

I'll just have to find a friend with a Van I can use :rolleyes:

This is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Two (or 3?) interesting new people in one mini M&G :cool:

Am I reading the calendar right that you arrive FLL on the 18th ?

And it looks as if She (The Rotterdam, NOT Ruth ;) ) is going into Drydock after this sailing ? ?

Now I have something more to look forward to between next week's first ever Alaska cruise (Westerdam) and next February's annual Caribbean party on the E'DAM.

Must admit that because of reading/corresponding with you two I am looking into ways to get on some of the smaller ships.

Here I live just minutes from one of the busiest Cruise Ports and I'm determined to start taking advantage of it. :D

Soon,

r.

Ruth & Rev.

I'll just have to find a friend with a Van I can use :rolleyes:

This is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Two (or 3?) interesting new people in one mini M&G :cool:

Am I reading the calendar right that you arrive FLL on the 18th ?

Yes, we arrive on 11/18.

Might I suggest, rather than keep derailing this thread any further :o, you e-mail Greg at the addy in his signature. He can forward it to me, and then we can all make whatever arrangements off this board.

Yes, we arrive on 11/18.

Might I suggest, rather than keep derailing this thread any further :o, you e-mail Greg at the addy in his signature. He can forward it to me, and then we can all make whatever arrangements off this board.

Ruth,

I thought we had quite a nice little hijack going here.

But then, you are always the epitome of correctness and thoughtfulness.

Off to The Rev's signature email to give him all my off site stats.

Thanks,

r.

Yes, we arrive on 11/18.

Might I suggest, rather than keep derailing this thread any further :o, you e-mail Greg at the addy in his signature.

Thank you Ruth... I truly appreciate that, since I keep looking to see if there's any news on Veendam added to this thread..

We were on the Veendam for 17 days in May and had no problems. We had a lovely cruise and found the ship great. We did feel our cabin stewards were over worked and had no time to even chat with guests as they usually do. The "RETREAT" is rather ridiculous but we just ignored that. The entertainment was some of the best with have ever had on any cruise or any line.

Archived