Will Carnival let you know when finanal payment is due?

geovet

I have never received a notice from Carnival to pay the balance for my cruise. Do they send an email, call or have PVP contact you. I just paid for my cruise and noticed that it was due a week earlyer. I'M glad that it was not canceled!

I received an e-mail from my PVP about a week before final payment was due. Don't know if this is standard, or not? (I think he had the e-mail scheduled to be sent out, as I actually had already had mine paid in full by the time the e-mail came).

Nope. I missed my final payment date by 3 days, then had to scramble to go pay, terrified that they'd cancel the cruise. I was confused, I thought it was 70 days out for a 7-day, not 75 days. ;)

I received no notification, etc. And the only place I could find that stated the date was buried in the "Make a Payment Now" (or whatever it's called) screen, not on any of the normal "My Cruise" pages. It's definitely a bit tricky, now I know to keep a better eye on it. :D

Isn't the final payment due 60 days before your sail date?

No, mine was due before then. It was a weird date, too, about (but not exactly) 10 weeks before the sale date. Someone above said 70 days, and I guess that may be right. It's not an intuitive date, though.

I did know the final payment date and I waited till the day before to pay it, but I never got an email or phone call reminding me to pay...I couldn't even find a page on the website to pay it online, had to call them. I wonder how late you can pay before they cancel your reservation or if they call you before they cancel it?

Edeno in Sacramento

I did know the final payment date and I waited till the day before to pay it, but I never got an email or phone call reminding me to pay...I couldn't even find a page on the website to pay it online, had to call them. I wonder how late you can pay before they cancel your reservation or if they call you before they cancel it?

Edeno in Sacramento

before the economy went into the toilet if you didn't call them and ask for a couple days extra to pay they were quicker to cancel you.

It seems now they are giving a little more leeway.

Bill

It is sometimes a long time between when you reserve and the final payment date. It would be nice if the sent an email about a month before the due date but I'm 10 days from that date and haven't heard from CCL.

It is sometimes a long time between when you reserve and the final payment date. It would be nice if the sent an email about a month before the due date but I'm 10 days from that date and haven't heard from CCL.

My TA sends me an email about a week before it's due saying final payment time.

Bill

• 1 month later...

The last cruise we got a letter a week after it was due--like others have said I wish we got some sort of reminder as we booked it almost 1 year in advance....oh well I learned my lesson and am looking for the due date for my upcoming cruise which I now know is due in 2 weeks--lol--good thing I checked!

Just moved my reservation over last night to an ES rate. When I asked about this very thing, the agent said that they were working on a new system where I could authorize Carnival to charge my credit card on the due date. I thought this is great...I won't forget. Well it is still a new system and they had just received a note not to use it at this time. So for those of you like me with cruises still a little ways away, you might call back in a month or so and see if this is up and running. You can leave your credit card and it will be charged.

Hope this helps.

I pay based on the exchange rate, so I'm usually before final payment date, but even if I have already paid, I always get an email about two weeks before that says "your final payment is due soon", then another within the last couple days before the due date. I guess it must be that my PVP really keeps on top of those things.

I know CCL has never sent me a reminder of final payment due. It was posted on the invoice last year from my TA, so I set a reminder on Outlook in my computer. Otherwise, I'm sure I would forget the exact date. I think even the TA I used last year didn't send a reminder, just stressed the importance of making my final payment by the due date. This year, I booked only 60 days out so had to pay in full anyway.

Auto-charging would be convenient. The only downside I can think of would be if you had to change ccards for some reason. Also, a while back one of my ccard companies changed the number on the card. That would have caused a problem, too.

Archived