Where to eat in Acapulco?

MaiTaiMary

hard rock , like all others, but really nice and air conditoned, no ocean view,or go ee a beautiful ocean view at Acapulco Grand, formerly the Hyatt at the restaurant right over the beach , good food, Sr Frogs up on the other side of where ships are , good inexpensive casula with great view of the city, and numerous casual restaurants at main part of the city at Condesa beach area near Fiesta Americana hotel

Rather than choose one of the mostly tourists-only restaurants suggested earlier (some okay, some iffy - IMO), why not eat where so many Mexicans - including residents of Acapulco - do: El Amigo Miguel. This restaurant is located within walking distance of the cruise ship terminal. It's where I have my seafood in Acapulco, and I prefer the second-floor open-walled dining area . . . so I can watch Acapulco life pass by as I hae my dinner.

El Amigo Miguel

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/acapulco/D39681.html

If for some reason the link I'm including is deleted or unworkable, just "google" "El Amigo Miguel, Acapulco" and you'll learn more about the place.

I'd highly recommend Su Casa. The food was wonderful and a beautiful view.

Su Casa and La Margarita Restaurants in Acapulco, Mexico sucasalogo364.gif

Su Casa and

La Margarita Restaurants

AV Anahuac 110

Lomas De Costa Azul

Acapulco 39850

Mexico

Phone 484-4350

Phone 484-1261

Fax 484-0803

E-mail: WebMaster

Su Casa was built in 1971 as a private residence. Through the years and after many nights of glamorous entertaining with friends from all over the world it was suggested that Su Casa would be the perfect setting for a romantic restaurant. Su Casa sits on a mountain-top with a panoramic view of Acapulco Bay. The dining terraces are surrounded by beautiful palm trees and tropical gardens. Its a dining experience not soon to be forgotten.

If you're an early diner, you can start by watching a spectacular sunset (puesto el sol) from our patio while sipping one of our famous Margaritas (considered to be the Best South of the Border).

Next, you have your choice of our two menus; the Continental Menu from Su Casa or the Mexican-American Menu from la Margarita. Su Casa offers an international array of specialties which includes seafood, chicken, steaks and BBQ baby-back ribs.

Incredible Food!

A favorite to start with at Su Casa are the Shrimps ala Patrona made with special herbs and spices. Most people use their bread to wipe up the last bit of sauce. This is a must to try. You will enjoy our special homemade garlic bread with our fresh salads.

terrace.jpgThe choices of main dishes include: Grilled Fish Fillets prepared in a variety of ways from Al Patron in our specially prepared garlic, lemon butter, al carbon (a.k.a. ala talla), Costeño (green mole) -- all these dishes are winners!

Our giant butterflied shrimps are as appetizing to look at as to eat. You have a choice of having them prepared

arial.jpgin garlic or plain grilled. Our beef fillet is prepared in large chunks, grilled and served over sautéed green pepper, onion and fresh pineapple. This flavor combination is incredible.

The hit of the season is an Imported Rib Eye Steak that is grilled and served with a brochette of fresh mushrooms and vegetables. Our grilled chicken has been a favorite for years and you can have it with BBQ sauce if you'd like. And yet another winner is our BBQ baby back ribs. The sauce is homemade and adds a perfect flavor to this meal.

La Margarita

La Margaritas menu has a Mexican combination dish, a fish fillet steamed in foil, beef and chicken fajitas, chicken mole, plus wonderful appetizers such as nachos, guacamole, queso fundido, ceviche, chili con carne and chalupas. If you have room for desert, there are fresh fruit flambes, homemade flan or ice cream.

We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and service. All our produce is hand picked and bought fresh daily. Our seafood is bought fresh daily as well. The fish is typically in our restaurant within hours of the catch. All the recipes, preparation and presentation of the food has been prepared by the owners, Angel and Shelly Herrera.

The breathtaking view of Acapulco Bay from the terraces of Su Casa and (her sister restaurant) La Margarita are so spectacular that Su Casa has commonly become known as "La Escalera al Cielo" (The Stairway to Heaven) and, as many of our valued customers know, there are 47 stairs to climb to the top. Quite frankly, since we opened in 1982, those stairs are getting a little harder to navigate every year. SO... in celebration of the 21st century and the year "2000," (and mostly in honor of our beloved customers old and new) we have started construction on an elevator that will be ready for our 1999-2000 season.

Muchas Gracias mis amigos,

The Herrera's, Angel and Shelly

We'll be in Acapulco in late October. We're looking forward to good Mexican food. How do we get to El Amigo Miquel or to Su Casa from the cruise ship?

Kathy

Cathy we took a cab to SuCasa, you can't walk to it.

Archived