Inflatable Bath tub for 10 Month old

tcgallup

I am reading about people taking inflatable tubs with them, and then taking them up to the pool area and filling them up for the little ones. How are you filling up the pools and emptying them on the deck, just trying to make sure i have what I need as our DD loves the water and it will not having something for her to play in like that.

Most folks will just "scoop" a few buckets of water out of the pool and put into a container for baby to "splash" in. Empty it into a drain....not back into the pool!!!!! (Bring a bucket or large plastic cup!) A 10 month old doesn't need much water!

we are bringing along a sand bucket for the beach, you don't know my 10month old, she loves the water and will splash it all out in no time... We can not wait to see her face on the ship, her expressions are priceless...

Thanks for the reply.

Step A) Buy a "bucket of beer"

Step B) Drink all the beer

Step C) Use empty bucket to fill blow up pool with water

Okay, okay, it's not really neccesary to buy a bucket of beer, just ask your room steward or bartender to use a bucket. And, if you did complete Step B you may not remember your original game plan..... :cool:

Also, be sure to look around for an on deck shower, or some other facility, with fresh, non chlorinated, water before you fill up with either salt water or chlorinated pool water.

We are going to be cruising with our baby in 2010 when she's 14 months old and I have been looking into the inflatable bath tubs too. I saw someone talking about this particular one on a blog and I love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Kirby-Inflatable-Tub/dp/B001MTELJY/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1T39Z5DLTXVO2&colid=3C45KEVLM082I

I would keep an eye on the price if you have time to because I noticed the other day that it was 13 bucks and now it's 15? Amazon has a habit of changing prices.

• 2 weeks later...

We love that inflatable bath tub. We're planning to bring ours on our cruise in November. We bring the inflatable bath tub everywhere we travel with our now 22-month old DD (so I don't have to worry about the germs in hotel bath tubs). I bought ours from BabiesRus, so you may want to check it they have it.

I just bought an inflatable tub ($11), inflatable pool ($6), inflatable floaty for beach ($4), and electric air pump ($6) from Target this week. All 75% off except tub. We're cruising to Bermuda next month with 12m old dd. I am hoping they will be nice about the floaty pool and such!

Most ships will have a shower near the pool for rinsing off before or after swimming. It is much more sanitary than using pool water or hot tub water. We used the shower to fill a small bucket that we bought before embarkation at our embarkation port. My DD was 1 yr old at the time. She loved it! I must have had at least 40 people comment on what a good idea it was for her to have her own "pool." When she was done, we just dumped it into the many drains that are on the pool deck. We bought the bathtub at babies r us. I have also seen them in Walmart and Target. Good Luck!

Most ships will have a shower near the pool for rinsing off before or after swimming. It is much more sanitary than using pool water or hot tub water. We used the shower to fill a small bucket that we bought before embarkation at our embarkation port. !

Excellent point!!! Dont' fill the inflatable pool/tub with pool water. The water could be too unsanitary for their little bodies. Plus, its salt water. Definately use the shower water.

Archived