FOS: Do they have beverage stations for coffee etc in multiple locations?

On previous cruise ships I have gotten use to the beverage stations that have coffee, hot chocolate, water and juice that are located on various decks. On the Freedom of the Seas do they have these same stations or do you have to go and get them from the windjammer cafe? I like being able to get coffee on demand as well as water. Would love any info about where these stations are set up on board.

Also...can I get a carafe from roomservice for coffee that I could hold onto and refill each morning on deck so we can enjoy coffee in the room while easing into morning?

Thanks for any and all info.

Sarah

You can get a soda from any bar onboard, and there's a bar everywhere!

You can get all the "free" drinks -- tea, lemonade, coffee -- from the Windjammer, which is open most of the day, but does close for a couple hours between breakfast-lunch and again between lunch-dinner.

You can get coffee and other hot drinks from the Promenade Cafe from early in the morning to late at night, and -- unlike the Windjammer -- they do not close for a break mid-day. (Aside: Be sure to try the yummy little sandwiches in this cafe. My husband loves the ham and cheese croissants, which are always available. I prefer to taste a variety.)

You can also order drinks from room service. You can order a pitcher of tea or lemonade. Unless you're ordering them in the wee hours of the morning, you'll not need to pay a fee, though you should tip your delivery person.

Thanks so much. I think I will miss the self serve area that has been on the deck by the pool on other ships but I can't complain. It will be a great cruise.
Sounds like you're describing Disney, the only cruise I've seen that had self-serve.

On previous cruise ships I have gotten use to the beverage stations that have coffee, hot chocolate, water and juice that are located on various decks. On the Freedom of the Seas do they have these same stations or do you have to go and get them from the windjammer cafe? I like being able to get coffee on demand as well as water. Would love any info about where these stations are set up on board.

Also...can I get a carafe from roomservice for coffee that I could hold onto and refill each morning on deck so we can enjoy coffee in the room while easing into morning?

Thanks for any and all info.

Sarah

Unless things have changed since last year, room service brings you a nice stainless-steel carafe when you order a pot of coffee for 2. You'll be able to keep it for the week for on-board use.;)

Archived