AB suite & connecting AF mini-suite dining at Cagney's?

miller931

We're thinking about booking an AB suite and a connecting AF mini-suite for our group of 7 on the Star next year. Do you know if everyone in our group would be able dine at Cagney's? My husband and I sailed on the Jade in an AB suite and loved that option. We would love the rest of our group to enjoy it too on this next cruise if possible. Thanks.

We're thinking about booking an AB suite and a connecting AF mini-suite for our group of 7 on the Star next year. Do you know if everyone in our group would be able dine at Cagney's? My husband and I sailed on the Jade in an AB suite and loved that option. We would love the rest of our group to enjoy it too on this next cruise if possible. Thanks.

They go by cabin and who's in it . They may let you have your group in there once or twice . But to answer your question , no they are not allowed .

You can all dine for dinner together, but not breakfast or lunch (at least until disembarkation day). My parents (in an AF) joined us for breakfast on the last day, but no other. BUT, you can order breakfast from Cagney's for room service and eat in the suite. We did that a few times.

This is a topic of some controversy here--the notion being that only those who pay for suites should get the suite perks. But from reading here for a while I can say that many people respond that they were able to at least eat some meals together--however it is totally the discretion of the conscierge and/or butler--not something that anyone is entitled to. I think it depends on how crowded the facilities are and how many people and how much leeway you are respectfully requesting.

It's very odd though. All of this controversy led us to book our kids (college age) in the suite with us rather than in the adjoining balcony room --which we certainly would have preferred. We will be crowded in an AB suite, but at least no one can accuse us of trying to get undeserved suite perks for our kids. But the weird part is that if we had booked the kids in the adjoining room--it would have cost us almost $3000 more. So the notion that you don't want to spend the money is not always true! We were perfectly willing to spend the extra money--but we weren't willing to not be able to eat with our family. LOL:)

Anyway, I hope you will be able to share at least some time together.

yoyocruiser

miller - if you use the search facility or just go back a few pages you'll see what the controvesy is all about.

I am totally against non suite pax getting suite benefits, but I feel that an adjoining cabin for the kids should be counted as an extension of the suite for the perks.

miller - if you use the search facility or just go back a few pages you'll see what the controvesy is all about.

I am totally against non suite pax getting suite benefits, but I feel that an adjoining cabin for the kids should be counted as an extension of the suite for the perks.

I'm with you. Besides, they could have booked all five into an AB. I have a funny feeling it's just not going to be a problem.

I have heard on the boards that if you "Link" the reservations from the very beginning, they treat the AF like a third bedroom of the AB and then Cagney's is possible.

Part of the secret is that the AF much be have a door that enters the AB.

As with everything concerning this subject, your mileage may vary. Good luck.

I have heard on the boards that if you "Link" the reservations from the very beginning, they treat the AF like a third bedroom of the AB and then Cagney's is possible.

Part of the secret is that the AF much be have a door that enters the AB.

As with everything concerning this subject, your mileage may vary. Good luck.

This was the case with our group. We had an AB, 2 minisuites(one connecting) and an inside cabin. They where all linked to us (as we paid for All reservations.) The Butler was very generous in treating our sons and their families as tho they where in suites. We where told by our concierge that they could join us for breakfast & lunch in Cagneys as long as we had given him notice as to how many and what time.

I think it really does depend on your Concierge & Butler. They both where extremely friendly and gracious to our family treating everyone very well.

Archived