Obtaining menu's in advance.

Elde

Can MDR and specialty restaurant menu's be obtained in advance or on the day of departure? (We're in a CV.)

on the day of departure ask your butler to provide them if they are not all ready in your CV.

to look at menus now do a search above on menus --you should find some.

all ships have the same menus.(except the Dawn who has a test ongoing in the main dinning room)

BG

Some folks post them here from time to time as they are requested often.

I know some folks plan in advance, and seem to know what food they will be in the mood for next year on Tuesday night. That is great. Personally, at my age I have no idea what I want tonight, and it is already 5:30pm. Put a menu in front of me and I will just stare at it.

I would love to see someone come back after their cruise and share how the advance planning worked out for them.

its been a ritual to book a specialty restraunt..then look at dinner

menu when it s post at 3pm..

no use paying extra for something we could get for no surcharge in

main dining ..:)..but, be sure to cancel your reservation to avoid a

charge..

We've always had great experiences with our specialty restaurant planning. We are lucky to sail in suites and on embarkation day I hand the concierge a list of what restaurants we want on which days and at what times. We prefer the specialty restaurants or room service and haven't been in the MDR for over 5 years.

We ask the butler to deliver the menus on the first day (and there's usually a full set for specialty restaurants in the courtyard on one of the tables) but we usually know what we want anyway. DH is not very adventurous with food and he tends to order the same things each cruise... You can have meals from the MDR delivered to the courtyard or your suite - just like the specialty restaurants or Cagney's for breakfast or lunch. It's very cool to sit out in the courtyard at night (just the two of us) and have our dinner out there.....the set-up is the same as if we were having room service (linens, etc). Quite romantic and "different".

Since you are in a CV, you can ask the concierge (even at the VIP checkin) to have the menus delivered to your room. We did this and then planned all our specialty restaurants based on how well we liked the offerings on the MDR menu for the week.

Since you are in a CV, you can ask the concierge (even at the VIP checkin) to have the menus delivered to your room. We did this and then planned all our specialty restaurants based on how well we liked the offerings on the MDR menu for the week.

Is it possible to email the concierge in advance?

As far as advance planning goes, we've (my wife and I) never had a problem with either planning in advance or going as the wind takes us. (Or swapping between in midstream.) But fortune favors the prepared.

For those who are NOT in suites or villas...

I had read here on CC that you could ask at the reception desk for menus for the whole week for the MDR to see which nights you want to eat there. That was not the case. They had menus for all specialty restaurants, but said the MDR ones were not available until the day they were to be used.

This was on the Pearl in July.

Is it possible to email the concierge in advance?

As far as advance planning goes, we've (my wife and I) never had a problem with either planning in advance or going as the wind takes us. (Or swapping between in midstream.) But fortune favors the prepared.

Yes you can email ahead and have reservations, menus, spa appts, bar setup ect. ect. done when you board. We have done this a few times and it's so enjoyable to have it ready and waiting.

Yes you can email ahead and have reservations, menus, spa appts, bar setup ect. ect. done when you board. We have done this a few times and it's so enjoyable to have it ready and waiting.

If you are in a full suite that is.

If you are in a full suite that is.

We're in an A4/CV... so, yeah, we're in a full suite. ;)

So how do I email the courtyard concierge?

Archived