Upgrade from Inside?

Erinchita

This will be my first cruise on Princess. We are in cabin C737 on the Crown. Yes, I am one of those last-minute, cheap bookers, but the trip is a bday gift so I didn't want to take advantage and book a higher category room on someone else's dime.

So my question is...does the upgrade fairy ever visit the lower-category staterooms? I am slightly worried about the location of the room. I mean, I will be fine with it if that room stays, given the fact that we booked late and inexpensively.

Thanks!

I am slightly worried about the location of the room.
What concerns you? It appears to be a pretty good location for an inside cabin.

You have cabins above you, you won't have much foot traffic by your cabin, and you're close to the aft elevators for quick transportation to Lido and Fiesta decks for dining (if you have traditional seating).

Lew

Is it? I was always told it was best to be in the middle of the ship for seasickness reasons, so I guess that is ingrained in my head.

You do make a great point, and thanks for that. I didn't even think of the proximity to the dining rooms--I do, in fact, have traditional dining. Thank you for the insight, I feel a lot better now.

This will be my first cruise on Princess. We are in cabin C737 on the Crown. Yes, I am one of those last-minute, cheap bookers, but the trip is a bday gift so I didn't want to take advantage and book a higher category room on someone else's dime.

So my question is...does the upgrade fairy ever visit the lower-category staterooms? I am slightly worried about the location of the room. I mean, I will be fine with it if that room stays, given the fact that we booked late and inexpensively.

Thanks!

Many upgrades are within the category you booked, inside to higher inside, outside to higher outside. Would there be a chance you might get upgraded to an outside? All depends on what is available and if they need your category because of overbooking guarantees and if there are available stateroom unsold above you.

There is also a very good chance, this is the cabin you will end up in. Any advice would be only a guess, as there is no telling with upgrades. ;)

Archived