Bring a fan on the ship

We brought a fan along and it was a lifesaver. We didn't use it so much to keep the room cool, but more so for the white noise to drown out the people letting their door slam when they left their rooms.

We also brought along a battery operated Glade scented oil candle. The flickering of the candle was romantic :) but it also made the room smell so good.

I brought a fan on our 7/26-8/4 cruise on the CB. I thought I was the only person that brought a fan on a cruise. I am a terrible sleeper and need it for the noise. I tried the sound machines before, but they dont have a selection for fan LOL...... The one I bring is a small square box fan. I wouldnt leave home without it.

Glad there are fans of the fans out there on cruise critic LOL>>>>>:D:D:D

Jeanne

You don't need to bring a fan. If you find your cabin warm, and I usually do, call maintenance and they will lower your thermostat. I called them twice on my recent trip on the Ruby. They just keep coming back until the cabin is as you like it.

Now you will get a huge laugh. I also take along a doiley for the table and two battery operated candles. I like my suite or mini suite to feel like home. :D

It's not so much the battery-operated candles as it was the doily that caused me to laugh out loud! Is it a paper one or do you go all out with one of fancy hand-knotted Belgian lace?!

You don't need to bring a fan. If you find your cabin warm, and I usually do, call maintenance and they will lower your thermostat. I called them twice on my recent trip on the Ruby. They just keep coming back until the cabin is as you like it.

This was not the case for us. We called and called - had our steward contact maintenance - nobody every came. It would work during the day but would cut out in the evening.

This was not the case for us. We called and called - had our steward contact maintenance - nobody every came. It would work during the day but would cut out in the evening.

Did it totally stop working at night, or was it that the green light didn't show up? Friends had this problem and thought their AC wasn't working, and we had to explain to them, after so much time the green light telling the AC is on fades out. Doesn't mean it is no longer working, it only comes on for a short time if you are adjusting the temp and then fades out again. ;) I have talked to many with the complaint that their AC stops working at night, when it's only the little green light, and it is supposed to go out after a period of time.

For me, its not the how warm or cold it is, it having the movement of air on my head and face. It could be 65 degrees in there, and I'll still need the fan for the breeze.

Did it totally stop working at night, or was it that the green light didn't show up? Friends had this problem and thought their AC wasn't working, and we had to explain to them, after so much time the green light telling the AC is on fades out. Doesn't mean it is no longer working, it only comes on for a short time if you are adjusting the temp and then fades out again. ;) I have talked to many with the complaint that their AC stops working at night, when it's only the little green light, and it is supposed to go out after a period of time.

The green light was on - it got really hot in the stateroom. And I know that when you open the door to the balcony that trips the air - which we were not doing.

I ALWAYS bring my Brookstone battery-operated fan onboard. Our last two cruises with Princess, we took inside cabins and both were hot. On one of the cruises, the crew was never able to adjust the temp and with a full ship, the fan was my savior. The dining rooms also tend to have cold spots and hot spots. So I would say yes to the fan.

The green light was on - it got really hot in the stateroom. And I know that when you open the door to the balcony that trips the air - which we were not doing.

Unless Princess has changed this recently, there is no kill switch to the AC when you open your balcony door on Princess ships as some of the other lines have. I am going to make another guess here that those staterooms around yours all were sleeping with their balcony doors open, it will cause the AC in all of the surrounding staterooms to not work properly when this is done. :mad:

Onboard the Sapphire Princess, last April, to Mexico. Our Lido cabin was so warm and, we could not get the air to circulate appropriately. My poor little fan was working overtime. (I usually only use it for night time!)

We called the front desk to report it. Maintenance came in on three different occasions to repair it and finally got it right on the last try. Because it took three trys to get it right we were sent chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for the inconvenience. How nice was that!!!!!!

Unless Princess has changed this recently, there is no kill switch to the AC when you open your balcony door on Princess ships as some of the other lines have. I am going to make another guess here that those staterooms around yours all were sleeping with their balcony doors open, it will cause the AC in all of the surrounding staterooms to not work properly when this is done. :mad:

Thanks for the info Toto. Misled again. Our room steward was the one who told us about leaving the door open and tripping the air switch. It was very uncomfortable and the only time I faulted Princess for not trying to fix it.

Archived