liquer in you cabin

mbbrick

So what are the odds of getting (sneaking) liquer on board in you suitecase? do they exray you bags or check them?

I do not know about liquor but we have always taken 2 bottles of wine in baggage & never had a problem. You cannot take them in carry on at least not if you have to fly & we always have to. To answer your question though you bags probably get x-rayed many times

not a problem you are leaving out of San Juan,

You wait and buy it at the port and put it in your carry on, they have great prices there. The key to it is put it in your CARRY ON, this is the only port that I have never had a problem with

So what are the odds of getting (sneaking) liquer on board in you suitecase? do they exray you bags or check them?

You don't indicate how much you're planning to smuggle, but traveling with a flask is quite handy, not to mention stylish. :)

You don't indicate how much you're planning to smuggle, but traveling with a flask is quite handy, not to mention stylish. :)

AG, do you mean a standard stainless type boot or hip flask, and do you carry it on your person through screening?

going on the millenium nov 16 south carabbian

Hi can you put a quick review on this site when you return as we are going on south caribbean at Christmas on Millenium and would love some tips as this is our first cruise !!

Smuggle away ! heres some tips from a seasoned vet, Do yourself a favor and get some Rum Runner Flasks. These are a plastic bladder that are very strong. I usually place these in a Ziploc bag for extra insurance. Also put never put it in your carryon and only place your "cargo" in checked luggage wrapped in towels...Works everytime! I tend to overdo it and carry a virtual bar with me...but somehow i still run up a sizeable bar bill.

Now let the morally responsible people chime in and tell me what a bad person I am....:D

not a problem you are leaving out of San Juan,

You wait and buy it at the port and put it in your carry on, they have great prices there. The key to it is put it in your CARRY ON, this is the only port that I have never had a problem with

We sailed out of San Juan in April. Pan American piere. We put two bottle of hard liquor in each suitcase and two bottles of wine in each carry one. They ex-ray the carry one and they questioned the four bottles. We did not pay attention to them just walked away and to our cabin. The checked luggage however did get delayed. We had our butler check on them and he pulled them from security for us. He got a nice tip for that. On our next trip we will us rum runners. They are plastic flasks that are mostly undetectable. If you want to shop in San Juan go to Pueblo's. It is a huge grocery store that sells wine and hard liquor as well.

happy sailing

AG, do you mean a standard stainless type boot or hip flask, and do you carry it on your person through screening?

I carry the standard flask (stainless) but have also used the Rum Runner flasks to transport. I've carried my booty via carry on bag and in checked luggage. Either way, I've never had a problem. I also recognize if I'm stopped and asked to give up my booze, I will offer shots to all passengers (Mr Deadman will be first taker) then hand oover whatever is left. I just came off Regent where I didn't have to smuggle and must admit, it was very nice!

Smuggle away ! heres some tips from a seasoned vet, Do yourself a favor and get some Rum Runner Flasks. These are a plastic bladder that are very strong. I usually place these in a Ziploc bag for extra insurance. Also put never put it in your carryon and only place your "cargo" in checked luggage wrapped in towels...Works everytime! I tend to overdo it and carry a virtual bar with me...but somehow i still run up a sizeable bar bill.

Now let the morally responsible people chime in and tell me what a bad person I am....:D

I am not morally responsible so I will drink in your corner. Plus, you have the virtual bar so I'll just follow you around. :D

I carry the standard flask (stainless) but have also used the Rum Runner flasks to transport. I've carried my booty via carry on bag and in checked luggage. Either way, I've never had a problem. I also recognize if I'm stopped and asked to give up my booze, I will offer shots to all passengers (Mr Deadman will be first taker) then hand oover whatever is left. I just came off Regent where I didn't have to smuggle and must admit, it was very nice!

I like this girl! we gotta party on a cruise sometime ! lol... to me smuggling is half the fun, just to know that I got one over on "THE MAN" :p

Where do you get the Rum Runner flasks? We are on the 11/05 Equinox TA to FL...14 days is a LONG time and the bar bill most certainly high! Any booty we can bring aboard will help!!

I am not morally responsible so I will drink in your corner. Plus, you have the virtual bar so I'll just follow you around. :D

People after my own heart! Where's the party??

So is it worth all the hassle. You are paying a lot of money for the cruise. What does it cost to buy a couple of bottles on the ship to drink in your cabin?

Four to five times the cost of the bottle of liquor and the rum runner flask combined.

It is a matter of principle. You pay a lot for the trip. You still spend a lot of money on the ship. You should have the option of mixing your own drink your way and do so in the privacy of your own cabin, just like you might do in a hotel room.

Archived