Question for fellow Canadian cruisers

retroPK

Depends if you have the $$ to shell out if you have a real medical emergency. With Blue Cross, you pay out fo pocket until they reimburse you (or not). RBC pays upfront.

Incorrect and in fact, Blue Cross is among the widest accepted plans in the world. They most certainly pay - not you. The plans are identical and Blue Cross is cheaper by at least $200. In fact, we were able to purchase a 3 person yearly plan which gave us an unlimited number of 14 day trips in one calendar year for $305. You won't come withing a mile of that with RBC. I can tell you why I know this but advertising is not allowed on this board.

I can tell you why I know this but advertising is not allowed on this board.

I think you just did. :)

I haven't had to buy insurance in some time due to the abundance of insurance I receive through work and through credit cards, actually, so BC may have improved since I last looked. The fact is, most travelers are usually at one of the extreme ends of the spectrum, some traveling wildly under-insured and some being convinced into being wildly over insured (as in they have the same coverages from work, their credit cards, and a travel agent policy).

I think you just did. :)

I haven't had to buy insurance in some time due to the abundance of insurance I receive through work and through credit cards, actually, so BC may have improved since I last looked. The fact is, most travelers are usually at one of the extreme ends of the spectrum, some traveling wildly under-insured and some being convinced into being wildly over insured (as in they have the same coverages from work, their credit cards, and a travel agent policy).

You're right there. I have family that travels on their credit card insurance and I remember once listening to an RBC salesman telling us the pitfalls of the credit card coverage. It was scary - so when I told my family members about it I was wrong of course.

Archived