Cabin category on HAL ship (Maasdam)

sammycriket

How do we know wich category of cabin you get when you are registered as guarantied.

The price for ocean view went down but my agent said that HAL told her that it was a lower category then mine.

I paid for oceanview and the price changed for oceanview.

What I understood from booking guarantied is that cabin get assign shortly before departure.

I am kind of confused? Hope someone have an answer for me

There are a number of oceanview rooms from E to C, and varieties of those also, like DA, DD, HH. They are all called "oceanview" but differ as to on which deck they reside and position on that deck - aft, middle, etc. SO, other oceanview rooms that are not of the same "letter" but still oceanview, could change in price. When you bought a guarantee, that means you will get that kind of room in the particular letter category, or HAL can raise you up - to a higher oceanview room or in a different deck local. And sometimes, you even get an upgrade to something even nicer, e.g., maybe a veranda.

You can check your online booking to see when you get your room assignment - anywheres from 2-3 weeks out to when you arrive at the ship. DOn't worry, the porters have the manifests and will check to make confirm your room assignment so you have the correct one on your baggage tags (also available at port). Hope this helps - it does get really confusing. :)

How do we know wich category of cabin you get when you are registered as guarantied.

The price for ocean view went down but my agent said that HAL told her that it was a lower category then mine.

I paid for oceanview and the price changed for oceanview.

What I understood from booking guarantied is that cabin get assign shortly before departure.

I am kind of confused? Hope someone have an answer for me

Sounds like you used a travel agent ... and that individual should be able to tell you in which guarantee category you are booked. As indicated by the previous poster, there is a vast array of oceanview categories ... and it is possible the one in which you are booked is not on sale. But, perhaps, your agent will explore amending your booking to the oceanview category that is on sale.

Archived