Laundry room on Nautica?

Bowie MeMe

I plan on doing laundry twice on Nautica in the self serve laundry. (Don't bother to tell me not to waste my time -- I know what works for me!) I would appreciate if someone with recent experience could tell me if soap is provided for the washers or do I need to pack my own detergent. How much $ per washer? Does Oceania have any laundry specials like Celebrety's pack a sack for set price? Thanks in advance :o Mrs Clean.

It works for me also;)

Have only been on the other 2 ships but probably the same

Yes they have liquid soap.

when you start the washer just find the soap dispenser on the wall with the corresponding number for your washer push he btton till you see the soap run in the tube.

You get tokens at reception $1.50 per washer or dryer

we have done several O cruises & never saw any "bag specials"

Lyn

Oceania prefers that you use there soap--environmental friendly I heard. I brought dryer sheets but forgot to use them--not needed. Also, the irons in the laundry room work so good! Remember--best time to do laundry is while diner or lunch is going on--if not there are huge lines. It will be OK--

Thanks for all the advice about the soap. I just needed to know if I had to pack detergent. So often folks want to lecture how you should not "waste" vacation time on laundry BUT I look forward to laundry room as you meet nice people who have usually just been to interesting pre-cruise places. Best thing about cruising is "different strokes for different folks"

Thanks for all the advice about the soap. I just needed to know if I had to pack detergent. So often folks want to lecture how you should not "waste" vacation time on laundry

It does not bother me either to do laundry on the cruise ...

I usually throw a load in the washer go have lunch (watch my time) run down switch to the dryer by the time I am done eating the wash is also done ;)

Saves packing space, I only need 1 suitcase each that way

Lyn

Thanks for all the advice about the soap. I just needed to know if I had to pack detergent. So often folks want to lecture how you should not "waste" vacation time on laundry BUT I look forward to laundry room as you meet nice people who have usually just been to interesting pre-cruise places. Best thing about cruising is "different strokes for different folks"

Don't ever worry about doing laundry. After 38 years with DW and 34 cruises, she still agrees that I'm better at it. You really meet some very nice people there. Right Orchestrapal?

Hi Leonid. Would you please give DH some lessons?? I have had him for 40 years but I don't think he has put in a load all by himself.

He is good to go with me on the "laundry adventures". Our hardest place to get clean was probably Bern Switzerland (an American business man joked that all Swiss are given washing machines with their birth certificate thus no laundries). In Fiji the hotel had laundry and the laundry woman asked my husband to look on the wash line and find my underwear that were missing:eek: he couldn't. On the Amazon River I swear they washed them in the river but they got them clean and in the middle of the Serengeti plain they did laundry in an open tent with gorillas trying to grab the stuff.(kept them at bay with sling shots).

I love my laundry stories. Everybody sees museums, ruins and great art works but when you get down to basics like laundry you get to know the people.

Hi Leonid. Would you please give DH some lessons?? I have had him for 40 years but I don't think he has put in a load all by himself.

He is good to go with me on the "laundry adventures". Our hardest place to get clean was probably Bern Switzerland (an American business man joked that all Swiss are given washing machines with their birth certificate thus no laundries). In Fiji the hotel had laundry and the laundry woman asked my husband to look on the wash line and find my underwear that were missing:eek: he couldn't. On the Amazon River I swear they washed them in the river but they got them clean and in the middle of the Serengeti plain they did laundry in an open tent with gorillas trying to grab the stuff.(kept them at bay with sling shots).

I love my laundry stories. Everybody sees museums, ruins and great art works but when you get down to basics like laundry you get to know the people.

It sounds like you travel the way I do.

One of my fondest memories from our last European trip was trying to ship things back at the Lisbon post office. Doing "regular" things with the regular people is one of the most enjoyable parts of travel, IMO.

With luggage restrictions getting tighter all the time, the laundry is getting to be more and more a necessity, especially when you spend pre and post cruise days away as well. We almost always end up using the laundry at least twice. The soap doesn't disperse automatically, you need to hit the button for the corresponding dispenser once you start the wash cycle. You could take your own, but I believe they do prefer you to use theirs.

Maybe just maybe I can handle soap dispensers now. We were in Germany doing laundry in a new but empty laundromat. You put your money in (finally figured that out) but did not know you had to push the machine number in a display of numbers to get soap. We put in several tokens (wasn't sure of the amount!) and pressed several things but it didn't seem to do anything. We looked up and soap bubbles were coming out of about 6 machines in a row. A little old man walked in about then and said in perfect English. "you pushed them all, eah?!:o

Barbara,

When we're onboard Nautica (in just over three weeks now:D), remind me to tell you the tales of how my mother's underwear ended up in a tree in Nimes, and my aunt's underwear strewn across an alley in Cannes! (I don't know why the females in my family can't keep their panties on when they're in foreign countries!;))

Cynthia

Archived