Vibration on Celebration

I've noticed someone said the vibration on Celebration deck 6, furthest forward is horrendous, do others who have stayed in cabins in this area agree with this? I don't really want to change as i asked for a quiet room and the T.A. told me that a few cabins here are the quietest as they are sound-proofed for being above the cinema. I do want the promeade deck. Now i'm a bit worried.

I cant vouch for deck 6 but the vibration is worst at the stern end by the Lido bar. We were on deck 2 just forward of midships so by the sound of it not quite as far forward as you and it was not as bad as we were expecting.I would think 4 decks higher and further forward you will be fine.:D

The vibrations date back to the original design of the Niew Amsterdam (1983) and the Noordam (1984). they were both designed with the oil crisis in mind and they were outfitted with slow turning Salzer diesel engines. They can burn literally anything from tar to Johnny Walker, but the trade off was vibrations. We did nine cruises on the old Noordam and after a while you don't even notice it. Just ignore it and have a great cruise.

Archived