How loud is the tv

oakleys

I would not like that either, if they played it loud. I don't even watch the news while on board. Last cruise I don't think that I even had the TV in my cabin on for for more than a couple of hours the whole week. Who needs it. Might watch a movie if they showed it on the big screen but not really interested in watching the news or any kind of ball sports while on vacation. Now a good hockey game or race, that is another matter.

I didn't notice the volume much at all on the last few cruises with jumbotrons...but that's because I don't spend a lot of time around that part of the ship. I think there were a couple times where they were showing some great underwater footage, but don't recall there being any sound with that. Even the football games this past January were a little subdued, far overshadowed noise-wise by the passengers.

As for the TV in my room, it is rarely on, except to review/book excursions and my folio, on occasion. cheers2.gif

Was just reading another thread, i was wondering how loud they play the big screens on lido. Guy was saying cnn etc was on, wouldnt fancy listening to that much. I doubt they blare it out?

The volume was awful when we were on Liberty last July. We sunned ourselves all the way forward, on the top level, and could still hear the TV. We were forced to listen to Myth Busters, Animal Planet, tennis matches, etc. from very early in the morning until noon. We could find no reprieve from the noise.

But, according to Host Mach, the idea of the movie screens was still new and Carnival was learning. Carnival has seen the light and now plays tropical music. That I could handle at any volume.

But, according to Host Mach, the idea of the movie screens was still new and Carnival was learning. Carnival has seen the light and now plays tropical music. That I could handle at any volume.

Gosh, I hope that's true. I was on the Victory in 2007--my first Carnival cruise with the jumbotron. It was annoyingly loud. Last year on the Miracle--no jumbotron!! Now we're going on the Freedom, which has the jumbotron--so I'm hoping Host Mach is correct.

Well I hope I don't have to listen to the news while on vacation!! :eek: I rarely listen to it at home, why would I want to do that on vacation...

I'll be cruising on Valor in Sept. I hope we will be listening to tropical music then the news. Of course I don't hang out by the pool much anyways. But when we go for lunch or a I want to take pictures I don't want to listen to the TV. I can do that in the cabin.

Gosh, I hope that's true. I was on the Victory in 2007--my first Carnival cruise with the jumbotron. It was annoyingly loud. Last year on the Miracle--no jumbotron!! Now we're going on the Freedom, which has the jumbotron--so I'm hoping Host Mach is correct.

When we were on the Freedom a few months ago, the surround sound system for the big screen was GREAT.

Watched Iron Man at 1PM on our day in Jamaica and you could hear the action from all over the ship.

It was excellent being able to hear what was going on while I got up and wandered off for a drink or a snack during the movie.

Bill

On the Conquest in February, it was CNN for breakfast EVERY morning, and it was loud. I think it seemed louder because there were fewer people out there. The rest of the day, you could always hear it, but, it was not overly intrusive. We could hear it on our Spa Balcony when they were showing concerts, etc....we could not hear it in our cabin. Overall, I was not bothered by the volume, just CNN:rolleyes:

Really the volume on princess last year was no worse than a band playing. If ypu don't like what is on there are other places on the ship to go.

I just think the better place for movies would be in the show room during the day. IMHO

Archived