Luggage Valet Service

Miss Jet Set

Yes, and there are many posts about doing this. Do a thread search. My luggage has travelled more than I (I had to cancel a cruise at the last minute). It's been to Istanbul and back and I haven't.

Hi there I have only heard of people having their bags lost and only in some cases getting their bags about 10 days into the cruise, has happened to quite a few, but I guess you hear of the bad cases, have no idea how many people use it, which are all fine.

However, I would pack and take with you in your personal bag on board, one suit for a chap, dark one, one nice dress for the evening and your swimmers, at least you can dine where you want to then. I have known guests asking 'same size guests' for loans. Oh and shoes each, not trainers.

Have to say if I used it I would make use of my bag for 'in cabin space' on the plane for back up. Best to be safe than sorry.

good luck Angie

>"Have to say if I used it I would make use of my bag for 'in cabin space' on the plane for back up. Best to be safe than sorry."

But isn't that true whether or not one checks a bag on the plane as well?That bag can be lost as well, especially if there is more than one flight. It is so nice to board and find one's large suitcase in the suite.

ut isn

If you live in the Channel Islands you should hopefully be able to use First Luggage (look on their website) who in turn use Fedex. We have now used them four times from the UK to hotels in Europe (I think they charge more if you send your cases on to the port agent). We now manage to send just one large heavy case ahead, and it costs about £100 including VAT to Lisbon, Athens, etc. They have always been competely efficient - they pick up your case about 5 to 7 days before from your house, and fly it to your hotel, in our case always about two or three days before our arrival. (We email the hotel to see if they are happy to store it, so far with favourable replies.

We have done this on 14 day Seabourn cruises, but we may not take as many clothes as some people - two cases is twice the price.. It is good to go to the airport with predone boarding cards and hand luggage, and only have security to worry about.

Hope this helps.

I strongly suggest that you do not use the Luggage Valet service if you are flying into Rome. Only after the fact of items having been stolen out of our luggage did Seabourn admit that Rome has been a bit of a problem for them in terms of security. If your are flying elswhere it should not be a problem. I must say that not only did I love the convenience of traveling with just a small rolling carry on bag I particularly liked having the packing done a week before we left. There is usually enough going on the day before we elave without adding packing to the list of chores.

I just haven't figured out how to get organized (i.e., packed) two weeks in advance! And then some items go two weeks in advance and some come with us (we stay in embarkation port about 3-5 days before embarkation on average).

We leave for Rome Tuesday (2.5 days), board Seabourn Saturday.

Not even close to getting organized. :rolleyes:

Archived