A 40th Birthday on SeaDream

SonomaWine

There is nothing at all bad about the house wines on SD. I have never had a bad wine on board. In act I have never heard anyone on board complain about any of the wines. I guess of course that for some people nothing is ever good enough, but for us mere mortals the SD wines are excellent.

While I'm sure there have been some changes since our March cruise, I'm betting you and DisneyJen could check the complete copies of the menus you each saved and post the nightly "pours". I do remember on the few times I ventured away from my never empty glass of champagne if I preferred a different type of red from the "house" that night, our wonderful sommelier or waiter was quick to bring another "house".

FT

While I'm sure there have been some changes since our March cruise, I'm betting you and DisneyJen could check the complete copies of the menus you each saved and post the nightly "pours". I do remember on the few times I ventured away from my never empty glass of champagne if I preferred a different type of red from the "house" that night, our wonderful sommelier or waiter was quick to bring another "house".

FT

When I get a minute I'll grab the file with the menus. I don't recall the house pours listed on the menus but I will double check:)

When I get a minute I'll grab the file with the menus. I don't recall the house pours listed on the menus but I will double check:)

House pours are not listed on the menus. There are, however, wines that are suggested by the Sommelier for every meal.

For example, the Degustation meal (from NOV '07 - I know, almost 2 years ago:eek:):

Mumms "Cordon Rouge" NV

$65

Chardonnay, Far Niente, Napa Valley 2004

$82

Chambertin "Clos de Beze," Grand Cru, Louis Jadot, Burgundy 2000

$158

Chateau Climens, 1er cru, Barsac, Sauturnes 2000

$73

Wine-schwein:D as long as the beer and rum and BBCs hold out, I won't complain.

And of course a martini or two Jim:p

Just checked the menus from our March '09 sailing. The house pours are not listed on the menus. There are four wines recommended - two red, two white, one old world, one new world - that can be purchased.

I just want to add my 2 cents here. We were just on SD in August, our 9th. Frank, the Hugarian sommelier was on the yacht. If you have him, you cannot go wrong. He is the kindest, most caring, and so particular about pairing your wines with what you are eating. I wish I could take him home. I just love, "madame (of course he uses our names), I will be your sommelier today". :0)

There was another Frank, last year, on our Caribbean cruise, who I am sure is no longer there. He was terrible. There, I said it. Sorry, but it was true - he is the only one on SD who ever said NO to us!

Bottomline, SD is there to please. If you are a wine snob, then let them know in advance. They will go "overboard" to please you.

Archived