Soltice in Piraeus

wattsey

Not sure if it docks in the same place everytime it ports in Pireaus.....but we were on the May 4th cruise ( her first Mediterranean cruise) and we were docked quite a ways from the metro station. It was at the very end - almost out of the port area. We took the free shuttle to the port exit.....then we walked to the metro - about 20-25 minute walk....and a brisk walk at that.

Unfortunately, the cruise ship terminal is a long ways from the Piraeus green line metro station. The numerous ferries to the many Greek islands take up all of the slots nearer to the metro. It's at least a 20-minute walk from the cruise terminal to the metro (almost 180 degrees across the harbor from the cruise ships.)

It is at Terminal B (not those Gate 6, 7 etc orders), which is far far away and at the very end of the port area. Even taxi driver is confused, and you can't see the ship when you get off the metro, even after you walk a while. My suggestion is just take a taxi after the metro, it should be less than 5 E. Tell the driver pass the terminal A( not to turn into the Terminal A ramp, otherwise, it is a big U-turn to back), and just keep going.

It is at Terminal B (not those Gate 6, 7 etc orders), which is far far away and at the very end of the port area. Even taxi driver is confused, and you can't see the ship when you get off the metro, even after you walk a while. My suggestion is just take a taxi after the metro, it should be less than 5 E. Tell the driver pass the terminal A( not to turn into the Terminal A ramp, otherwise, it is a big U-turn to back), and just keep going.

We took the metro into town but took a taxi back to the ship......

we couldnt find it :eek: and our taxi driver kept wanting to let us off saying it was just "down a ways". I said I am not getting out of the taxi until I see the big X on the side (we were on Celebrity Solstice)......sure nuff it was quite a ways from where he wanted to let us off.

We just got back from the Solstice August 7th sailing. We were as far away from the metro as you could get and still be in port! A shuttle bus took us to the terminal building but we didn't have a clue where the metro was from there so we jumped in a taxi. Our driver took us directly to the Acropolis for 18 euros. We took the metro back and after walking for about 10 minutes flagged a taxi down to take us to the ship. He charged us 4 euros. The port area is very big and very confusing. Our taxi rides were worth every penny!

Archived