Santorini (Pyrgos village) ship's tour

vana

We are planning to take the ship tour for "Pyrgos village with mezes & wine". As anyone done this tour with the ship? And if so, was it worth it?We will be on the Brilliance of the seas (RCL) in October 2009.

We also figure that with 6000+ people in port that day, we wont have to wait for the "cable car, donkey, stairs" when we disembark, we'll only have to wait on our way back to the ship...

Thank you for any info.

Hi Vana,

We've been to Pyrgos on our own and it was one of the highlights of our day on Santorini.

One thing to keep in mind re Pyrgos (and the brochure description probably indicates this) - to get to the top of the village, you need to walk up, since there are no roads. It's a bit of a hike up, but an interesting one, and the reward of fantastic views at the top makes it worthwhile.

Thank you very much for the info. The only clues in the tour description about the roughness of the walk is "join your guide [...] through the ascending streets. Visit a the remains of a Venitian castle on the [/color]hilltop." I knew it was a walking tour but now we know it's a "walking-to-the-top-tour"..:D Didn't pay much attention to it before...

Thank you again...

Hi Vana,

Be sure to check the icons (I found the tour on RCCL's website & it does have a 'strenuous' icon.) ....plus check the description at the bottom of the tour detail, with info on the level of activity (length of walk, steep inclines, steps, etc.)

Hi Vana...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello!!!

I can't believe we will be cruising the same seas again, but on different ships... we definitely have similar taste and timing on our cruises!!

Maybe one day we'll end up on the same one!!

A+

MC

Hi Vana...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello!!!

I can't believe we will be cruising the same seas again, but on different ships... we definitely have similar taste and timing on our cruises!!

Maybe one day we'll end up on the same one!!

A+

MC

Hi Marie-Claude,

Nice of you to drop by.

I'm sure we will cruise together... one day. We'll also be doing Ephesus with the same company you hired for your tour (another coincidence). We'll let you know how it was before you go there. If you have any input for our Greece ports, feel free to share your infos.

Talk to you soon, here or on our french website ;)

Archived