Alaska with 15 mo old

Stacycee

Hi

I am looking into booking an Alaskan cruise for next summer. My daughter will be 15 mo at the time (3 months now:)) I have sailed many times, but I know this will be a new experience. I know if we take busses, we will not need a car seat, but I am looking into buying one anyway for my mom to have. Can anyone recommend one good for travel? I did a search, but most are for older kids. Also, if anyone did this cruise with a baby (R/T SEATTLE) I would love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks!

Stacycee - I am doing this r/t vancouver with a 7 month old starting next week! I will come back in a few weeks and update :)

Sorry no recs for a car seat. We are planning to switch our daughter to a britax marathon soon (she's huge) but she is just barely still in the infant seat so that's what we're taking.

Our daughter did her first cruise at 14 months. We did a 14 day, RT Vancouver to Alaska cruise. We did not take a car seat and did not find we needed it. The buses did not have seatbelts, so we couldn't have used it anways. All of the ports were easy to walk in, so we did not take cabs. We found plenty to do on our own and did not do many excursions.

Stacycee- I am going on an Alaska 14 night RT from Vancouver in 2 weeks with my 15 month old son. We don't plan on taking a car seat. We'll use buses, trains, etc to get back and forth to the port in Vancouver and do things on our own walking or with public transport at the ports in Alaska. If we decide that we want to see something farther away we'll rent a car with a car seat.

If you decide you do want to get a car seat, you might look at the Cosco Scenara. They are pretty inexpensive and, like all car seats, they still meet all the required safety standards. I bought a used one for a trip I took that I just needed something to use in a cab getting to & from the airport.

We have done Alaska twice with our 2.5 yr old. One round trip Seattle that we didn't need a car seat for and just got back from a Southbound Whittier to Vancouver. We brought a cheapo Cosco Scenara along to use in the rental cars at each end of the trip. It is light and comes with a travel bag with a handle. Works just fine and is comfortable enough for short trips plus we don't worry about it getting damaged or lost like we would with our everyday Britax car seat.

Archived