Just Noticed Dining Time is Wrong!

ruskatab

I was printing out our cruise information and noticed our dining says Unassigned (on Request). I specifically asked for late dining. Can I call Carnival before our cruise and have this changed or just wait until I see the Maitre D on the ship? I am afraid the late seating will be gone if we wait. Is the Unassigned anytime dining? We sail in less than 2 weeks.

Dining Room seating is not revealed until you board the ship. The time will be on your S&S card along with which Dining Room. If you requested late, you should be fine and if you need to change, just see the Maitre'D, usually starting at 1:30pm. More people will want early dining as is almost always the case. I am not 100% sure, but I believe Platinum level are the only ones guaranteed a dining time.

Actually, my reservation information states that I have early dining, and that is what I asked for. So, I would call Carnival and verify. I went thru Carnival when I made my reservation if that makes any difference. And we are traveling with another couple. ?

We are by no means platinum cruisers (yet);), but our cruise documents state "Late Dining Confirmed 8:15PM". Might be because we have had this cruise booked since last November.

We had such a great time last year, and we loved our cabin so much; that I booked this cruise/same cabin, three days after getting home from our 2008 cruise :D.

Actually, my reservation information states that I have early dining, and that is what I asked for. So, I would call Carnival and verify. I went thru Carnival when I made my reservation if that makes any difference. And we are traveling with another couple. ?

Our friends are sailing with us this year (newbies). I called my PVP at Carnival, and linked their booking to ours, they are now confirmed for late dining too.

I was printing out our cruise information and noticed our dining says Unassigned (on Request). I specifically asked for late dining. Can I call Carnival before our cruise and have this changed or just wait until I see the Maitre D on the ship? I am afraid the late seating will be gone if we wait. Is the Unassigned anytime dining? We sail in less than 2 weeks.

You can call them to verify your request.. remember it is just a request nothing is guaranteed... verify your SS card when you get it.. if it is not what you requested then you along with all the others must wait in line to visit the M'D.. nothing is set in stone.. good luck;)

Our friends are sailing with us this year (newbies). I called my PVP at Carnival, and linked their booking to ours, they are now confirmed for late dining too.

Confirmed or not we had this happen and once we received our SS card we were early seating.. verify you SS once your get it to make sure.. again I state this is just a request .. it can be changed;)

Dining Room seating is not revealed until you board the ship. The time will be on your S&S card along with which Dining Room. If you requested late, you should be fine and if you need to change, just see the Maitre'D, usually starting at 1:30pm. More people will want early dining as is almost always the case. I am not 100% sure, but I believe Platinum level are the only ones guaranteed a dining time.

The dining ive requested is on all my other documents from other cruises but not on this one. It always has my requested time but this time it says unassigned and says on request. Im wondering if this is what it would say if I have the anytime dining.

If you booked online you can change your seating request. It also shows you what is available. It could be that everything left is waitlisted but you should at least see that.

Go to Manage Bookings

Scroll down to Other Advisories and there should be an edit button next to your dining time.

Mine says " Late Dining (Confirmed)"

From what I understand it use to be a request but now it is confirmed when you book and that is what you will have.

I booked my cruise two weeks ago for sept 19, 2009 and when my confirmation email came it had early dinning confirmed and I wanted late. I called my pvp and told her and she said no prob. Within minuates i got another email saying it was changed to late dinning confirmed.

From what I understand it use to be a request but now it is confirmed when you book and that is what you will have.

I booked my cruise two weeks ago for sept 19, 2009 and when my confirmation email came it had early dinning confirmed and I wanted late. I called my pvp and told her and she said no prob. Within minuates i got another email saying it was changed to late dinning confirmed.

Well this is news to me.. I didn't know the procedures had changed

I would call them ASAP and take care of it. One less thing to stress over. ;) :)

Good Luck, Becky! Like you, we've always requested late & got late. I think it's because of your late booking, as you said. I'm sure they will clear it up for you with no problems. I'm very jealous, ya know...:p

Hee hee, we cant wait! Were looking at booking Fantasy 2 weeks after Liberty..your close come go with us!

I didnt book online so I cant go change it but I am going to call first thing in the morning to get it fixed. Weve really thought of doing the anytime dining but we really like to get on big tables and meet new people. Weve had good experiences in the past. And we like the later seating so we can sit on the balcony with a drink to chill while we sail away. I will let yall know what they say but think its probably a computer glitch like katiel53 said.

We are going on 2 cruises one Nov. 14th and the other April 10, 2010. We have been confirmed on early sitting for both. The Nov. 14th was thru a TA and the April 10th. was thru Carnival's PVP. I was told by Carnival that the Confirmed all sittings unless you want you own dinning time.

Even if you book with a PVP you can still go to manage booking and change your dinner. Thank you ryoku for the suggestion. I tried it and changed my dining preference to late and it now says waitlisted...lol! I will still call tomorrow but just wanted to let you know you can change the dinner request online.

This is not a guarentee that you will get that time.. you must check your SS card once you get it.. IT IS a REquest...

These statements are incorrect per several calls to Carnival. I was told (by their reps) that if it says CONFIRMED, you WILL be seated at that time.

The dining ive requested is on all my other documents from other cruises but not on this one. It always has my requested time but this time it says unassigned and says on request. Im wondering if this is what it would say if I have the anytime dining.

I reqested 'anytime' dining and my docs say "Your Time 5:45-9:30 Confirmed".

It seems as though your docs say that you did not request a specific dining time. I would call Carnival or you TA.

Even though the 'requests' say confirmed, it only means that your request is confirmed. It does not mean that you are guarenteed your dining request, although I'm sure it helps some to specify your request.

Carnival is confirming dining assignments in clusters before the cruise; unassigned means they have not confirmed your dining time, but your request is noted and waitlisted. Suites and Platinum guests are guaranteed dining requests. If you have anytime dining, it shows as 'Open seating'....:)

Archived