Museum Flight Before Cruise in Seattle?

pghflyer

We will be coming in a day early for a cruise departing out of Seattle and staying at a hotel right near the airport. We are east coasters so will probably be up at 7AM and don't need to be to Pier 91 until 1ish.

We have 6 people and were thinking of trying to hit the Museum of Flight, but now I am looking at the map and it appears to be halfway down to the Pier from our airport hotel.

Does anyone know if you can store luggage at the Museum? I am sure we could catch a taxi to the museum but might need to pre-arrange our transport from the museum to the Pier.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone tried this or has other suggestions?

Thanks!

We will be coming in a day early for a cruise departing out of Seattle and staying at a hotel right near the airport. We are east coasters so will probably be up at 7AM and don't need to be to Pier 91 until 1ish.

We have 6 people and were thinking of trying to hit the Museum of Flight, but now I am looking at the map and it appears to be halfway down to the Pier from our airport hotel.

Does anyone know if you can store luggage at the Museum? I am sure we could catch a taxi to the museum but might need to pre-arrange our transport from the museum to the Pier.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone tried this or has other suggestions?

Thanks!

They have a cloak room at the Museum of Flight, but I would never leave anything of value there because it is unattended, and tons of people go in and out of there.

The museum is about 6-7 miles from the airport and about 17-20 from Terminal 91.

It might be worth a call to some limo services to see if they'll do a straight hourly rate fare instead of an airport/cruise terminal fare. Most (AFAIK) charge around $90 or $100 for a 2-hour charter (8-pax stretch, which would give you enough room for luggage.) Airport to MoF = 15 min., an hour or 80 min. at the museum, then 20 min. to T91. It's not 15-20 miles to T91, it's right at 10 miles. The driver waits with the bags and the car in the MoF parking lot.

Archived