Seattle Restaurant Recommendations?

bandlady74

Ivar's Acres of Clams - just went to Seattle in June for my nephews wedding, was told this was the go-to place and it was great. Right on the water and good everything.

Just back from Alaskan cruise a couple of weeks ago. We also had drinks and appetizers at Ivars (oyster shooters for 50 cents each during happy hour - Yum). We later had dinner at Anthony's Pier 66 - excellent food, reasonably priced (nice outdoor deck with view of Mount Ranier). Both within walking distance on the waterfront.:)

A great restaurant in Pike Place Market is Place Pigalle. Great food and great views.

For Asian, the previous recommendation of Wild Ginger - sort of Asian and Asian Fusion food is a great one. Also, if you eat early, there are wonderful restaurants in the International District - most look rather like "hole in the wall" places but wonderful food. I would NOT recommend walking back to your hotel after Dark. Probably you would be just fine, but you do pass through some areas that come to life at night with assorted souls.

Another vote for Ivar's...the oldest Seattle seafood restaurant chain. A favorite of locals and visitors. Fries dipped in tarter sauce...oh yeah!

Other good seafood restaurants: Elliots on the downtown waterfront, and Chinooks at Fisherman's Terminal a 10 minute cab ride from downtown on the ship canal with a view of the north Pacific fishing fleet.

I see a few mentions of Elliott's. I'm planning on going there next Thursday for dinner and went to their web site to double check the location. I happened upon a notice of a summer special of buy one get one free entrees through Sept. 9 when you download the coupon. What a happy suprise that was!

Another two of my favourite Seattle restaurants are Ivars at the Wharf (outside eating is the most fun) and Palisades.

Palisades is a bit pricey but worth it. It is located right on Elliott Bay and you get there by taking the Magnolia Bridge and follow the signs to the Marina. You will see Pier 91 and cruise ships docked there from the restaurant. It's open for lunch and dinner every day and brunch on Sunday.

Here's their information: Palisades

Elliott Bay Marina

2601 West Marina Place

Seattle, WA 98199

Phone:(206) 285-1000

But overlook Ivars. Best Seafood on the wharf and don't miss their fries and oysters too.

There is lots of great food in Seattle but its an experience to dine at the Space Needle, Brunch or Dinner after dark. Food & service is good and the best view in town. They let you sit and enjoy, no rushing you off, very enjoyable.

For high balls, steaks and chops...............The Metropolitan Grill still reigns supreme and close to Hyatt......For Continental fine dining and a superb wine list........Canlis is outstanding and a Seattle tradition......:D:D

My Favourite Is http://www.ivars.net/index.php?page=locations_acres-of-clams

Right on the waterfront we drive down from Vancouver BC at least once a year just to have dinner there.

There used to be not sure if it's still there a nice place on Aurora that catered to the after show crowd, the performers. If you went there late evening for drinks, you could hear some of the best songs from the current stage shows in Seattle, for free, has they would always be a Competition against one another.

If any one knows if it's still there let me know has I can't remember the name of the place

Elliott's for the beat the clock oyster bar

Chinook's for the half price appy's during happy hour in the bar

Salty's (W. Seattle) for the best ever seafood chowder and the view

Etta's great lunch by the PP Market - tough parking

Ivar's traditional for the catch of the day specials (fries w/tartar???)

Wild Ginger for a pan-Asian treat

Ray's Boathouse at Shilshole, if you can ever get a reservation

Anthony's also at Shilshole when you can't get into Ray's

These are just off the top of my head...you can't hardly get a bad meal in Seattle. Creative, trendy, fresh. Foody Heaven !

You mean there is another way to eat them?! (Grew up on both Ivar's and Spud's tartar-sauce-dipped fries...) :D

Ahhhh....fries and tarter......the ONLY way!

Once when I was in Vegas I ordered tartar sauce for my fries (of course). I was with a large group of ladies from all over the US. When the waiter brought my food he asked if I was from Western Washington. He said he could tell because of the request for tarter sauce. I thought that was funny.

HAL offered so much seafood during a 14 day Alaska cruise that we went looking for something else. Here are 2 recommendations: Long Provincial for Vietnamese -- a very interesting space with jellyfish in a saltwater tank right in the restaurant, good prices and special food. Pan Africa -- really tasty and not like anything we got on the ship, with dinner entrees around $11-12 per person.

Elliott's for the beat the clock oyster bar

Chinook's for the half price appy's during happy hour in the bar

Salty's (W. Seattle) for the best ever seafood chowder and the view

Etta's great lunch by the PP Market - tough parking

Ivar's traditional for the catch of the day specials (fries w/tartar???)

Wild Ginger for a pan-Asian treat

Ray's Boathouse at Shilshole' date=' if you can ever get a reservation

[b']Anthony's [/b]also at Shilshole when you can't get into Ray's

These are just off the top of my head...you can't hardly get a bad meal in Seattle. Creative, trendy, fresh. Foody Heaven !

ROZO'SBEAU You sound like locals!

I have fought many hard battles for MORE, EXTRA, LOTS....of tarter sauce in many restaurants..world wide!!! :) But it's a battle I will never give up. Glad to know some of my Seattle blood still flows after all these years in Calif! :)

In Holland they eat mayo on their spuds and I soooo got into that routine!!!!

much like San Francisco. Last summer we stayed at the Olympia and downtown Sheraton and found the hotel cafes (especially the seafood bar downstairs at the Olympia) to be very good.

If you don't plan on using taxis and aren't in strong physical shape, look for something near where you're staying. It's not out of the question to ask for recommendations at the front desk/concierge of your hotel.

Wow! Thanks for all of the great suggestions! And from looking at the map, they are pretty much all within walking distance of the Grand Hyatt. (We definitely are walkers!) Looks like my husband and I will have a tough decision!

Amy:)

If you are walkers, most of the better restaurants mentioned here are downhill from the Hyatt. When you are through with dinner, you had better be climbers. There is some serious hill action in downtown Seattle, especially if you are going all the way down to the waterfront.

There is lots of great food in Seattle but its an experience to dine at the Space Needle, Brunch or Dinner after dark. Food & service is good and the best view in town. They let you sit and enjoy, no rushing you off, very enjoyable.

Definitely agree with you on this one...

We HAD to go up the Space needle as it symbolises much of what we had seen in movies and touristy pics of Seattle. The only way that we could go up at the time we wanted to was if we had dinner there. There was a minimum spend which put us off a bit, but were delightfully surprised with what we found. Watching the sunset from the revolving restaurant is great, and the food was a surprise as it was delicious. The service was spot on. Would definitely recommend this if you want to see all of Seattle and get a good meal. The place was packed.

If you are looking for somewhere interesting for breakfast, I can recommend Cafe Campagne on Pine St,close to the Pike place markets. They have a very relaxed weekend brunch and serve a french style breakfast with great coffee... Very nice atmosphere... We really enjoyed finding that little place before visiting the markets. Be sure to order flowers for your cruise - They deliver them to the wharf!!!

:D:D:D

We always take out of town guests to Elliotts.

We love to watch the look on their faces when we force them to order wild salmon (which they claim they don't like) and then they take that first taste :-) Until we moved here, we had no idea that the cardboard one buys/orders on the east coast bears no resemblance to the real thing. We have never had a single person not rave for months about their dinner there.

and the view is wonderful.

Archived