Can we check our bags an hour or so before we board? We want to surprise the kids.

scrapulous

This story made me smile and cry at the same time :) I am such a softy when it comes to kids. I think your surprise was wonderful. Your children are very lucky to have you for a parent. I am so sorry you got the flu! Get some rest, and thank you for sharing :D

So glad to see you pulled it off and it took them so long to figure it out! Too funny. We do things like this with my kids all the time. They usually figure it out or assume we're surprising them with something even when we're not.

Glad it worked out for you & they had a great trip...feel better!

I was lurking on this thread too. I am so glad you were able to pull off the surprise. I would love to surprise our kids, but I just can't keep a secret like that. :D My kids love to cruise as much as we do and love to help in the planning and outfit shopping.

I have been waiting for days (like alot of people) to hear how it went. I'm so glad it worked and you enjoyed your cruise. I would love to have seen their faces when they finally figured it out. :D I hope you feel better soon.

This is a great story.

We met a family on a cruise that had their sister's family visiting for 2 weeks. On the first day they arrived, they told them to not unpack because they were going on a surprise 1 week cruise the next day (out of Galveston also).

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise.

I love the fact you were able to surprise them!! I have been waiting to hear the outcome with a lot of other folks on here and like them........the story does bring tears to your eyes!!! What a wonderful way to spend a week....i'm just sorry you got sick but I'm glad it didn't spoil your trip. Get well and start planning the next cruise!!!

Tough day at work but oh did you make me smile and I got goosebumps too!! Hope you feel better soon. My sister did this for my nephew when he was 10, on a Disney ship....the rest of the family was already on-board....being the great kid he is they had to tell him in the parking lot what was going on 'cos he was afraid they'd get in trouble walking into the terminal. When they told him he just couldn't believe it, then my sister said he got a real sad look on his face...they asked what was wrong and he said he couldn't go, he didn't have any clothes!! Now this kid is a cool 16 y/o surfer but still remembers that special day!!

Lynda

I'm so happy this worked out for you. It gives me hope...DH and I are booked on the Dream next April and little do my 2 boys know they are going as well!!! It's amazing because your plan is exactly how I picture mine going! Hope we pull it off as smoothly as you all did!

Archived