Sky suites under ocean view cafe SOLTICE

der93711

We are looking at some sky suites on the Soltice. The available ones are on the resort deck under the Ocean View Cafe. I have mixed thoughts about the noise from above in these suites. Please be honest and give me some feed back about these suites. I know there is a sticky on rooms pro and con but there are very few about these rooms.

Thanks

Der

Hi Der - DH and I stayed in SS2121 onboard Solstice for 14 days. The entire time we were on the ship, if we heard any noise from above it was probably less than two times. What we heard was maybe a chair being dragged across the floor?? Cabin location is excellent, close to the elevators and on the same deck as the spa, pool and exercise room. Very convenient to walk up one flight to the Oceanview Cafe.

Cabin is fantastic, tons of storage, very spacious overall and a fabulous shower! The balcony does have the extended overhang, but we prefer that. We were able to sit out on the balcony without the sun beating down on us, keeps the sun out of the cabin and were able to sit out even during a shower. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Patty

We are looking at some sky suites on the Soltice. The available ones are on the resort deck under the Ocean View Cafe. I have mixed thoughts about the noise from above in these suites. Please be honest and give me some feed back about these suites. I know there is a sticky on rooms pro and con but there are very few about these rooms.

Thanks

Der

These are the best SS on the ship.There is NO noise,convenient access to the pool and buffet,covered verandah so you get a break from the sun!Plus you have privacy because all the other cabins are "below" yours! Better hurry and make that reservation before someone else does.

Have fun!

We had one of those sky suites on a Caribbean cruise in April (2135) Occasionally we would hear something like a cart rolling above us, but only during the day and it was never a problem for us. As one other poster said, the noise from fellow pax is more annoying than these occasional sounds (which were not loud). Those sky suites are in a great location. Ours was a bit aft of the other posters on this thread, beneath the back portion of the Oceanview Cafe, hence the carts rolling.

Doris

Der,

My husband and I sailed in Sky Suite 2135, and loved everything about it! I know you are looking for the negatives, but the ONLY thing we can complain about is.....there was some cart rolling noise in the early morning. At first it sounded like some thunder, and then we realized it was carts over a tiled section of the floor above us. It didn't ruin our cruise by any means.

You'll get butler service in the Sky Suites---take advantage of having breakfast served on your balcony. Our butler even put the white tablecloth out, arranged everything, served our coffee and juice, etc. What a treat!

The other thing is that the overhang does not allow for sun on your balcony, BUT you are on the same deck as the pool anyway. And only one flight up for the oceanview bar, a great place to be each afternoon!

We got such a good price on our Sky, since it was only the second week the Solstice was in operation---now the Sky suites are about $1000 more for 7 days. What a bummer, so we are trying a concierge class 1 on our upcoming Equinox 10 day this December!

Have a great cruise, whatever room type you decide upon!:)

Did anyone use butler service to eat dinner in their S2 sky suite? If so, where do you eat it? I am wondering because the pictures don't show a table inside the sky suite. Was dinner served one course at a time?

I cant remember the number of the suite we were in, but we did hear the muffled sounds of people walking during the day. The loudest noise was the thumping of the dish cart (being wheeled out to the serving islands) as the wheels hit the grout joints in the floor tile.

We never heard noise at night.

We booked a suite to be able to eat dinner in the room on formal nights. We notified the butler of our plans to eat in the room and he asked us if we wanted to invite anyone else. We did, and he delivered menus for us to chose off for that night. The butler brought the table in from the balcony and covered it with a white cloth. The table was set as it would have been in the dining room. He brought the food in course by course, and left the room. It was wonderful!

Der,

We sailed in SS 2148 on the Solstice inaugural. We had no problem with noise from above. The aft Sky suites on the resort deck are the best, IMHO, and you will not be dissapointed! On our upcoming TA on Equinox in November we are in CC 2152. We wouldn't hesitate to book any of the aft cabins on the resort deck of the Solstice class ships.

Archived