Price of cruise on FOS keeps going up..really full ship?

I have been watching and I see that my inside cabin on Freedom of the Seas has gone up in price several hundred dollars as the cruise is getting closer. Usually I see price drops closer to cruise time and am wondering if this means that the ship is really full or close to being overbooked? Cruising on September 13, 2009 and it is hurricane season which I would think would be lowering the price. Is there anyway to see how full the ship might be?

Any thoughts frequent travelers?

ps. don't see many threads for this date so was starting to think we might be the only ones sailing. (just kidding)

Yeah - it looks like FOS is pretty tight on most cruises.

Mine's went from 50+ open cabins in my category to zero in 3 weeks.

Probably GTY cabins being assigned -still prepping for a tight squeeze.

I have been watching and I see that my inside cabin on Freedom of the Seas has gone up in price several hundred dollars as the cruise is getting closer. Usually I see price drops closer to cruise time and am wondering if this means that the ship is really full or close to being overbooked? Cruising on September 13, 2009 and it is hurricane season which I would think would be lowering the price. Is there anyway to see how full the ship might be?

ps. don't see many threads for this date so was starting to think we might be the only ones sailing. (just kidding)

I just looked and found only 1 Junior Suite/8 Grand Suites/1 Owners Suite remaining open. I didn't check any other category cabins, but can do so if you let me know which you want to look at specifically.:)

I spoke to a res agent today about the 11/1 sailing and I commented that late seating is ALREADY sold out. I can't even get on a waitlist. She said, "Boy this cruise is really filling up."

I wish my friend to tell me if I can BOOK already. I'm so afraid it's gonna go up and I think the price now is pretty decent ($700 for Cat N).

I spoke to a res agent today about the 11/1 sailing and I commented that late seating is ALREADY sold out. I can't even get on a waitlist. She said, "Boy this cruise is really filling up."

I wish my friend to tell me if I can BOOK already. I'm so afraid it's gonna go up and I think the price now is pretty decent ($700 for Cat N).

Nov 1 2009 Freedom Of The Seas is half the ship is Hogs On The High Seas Cruise. About 2000 great bikers on board. I know they have their own seating which is second and are allowed to wear leather on formal night. Great bunch of folks though. They have custom Harleys on board that they raffle off and they pay more than the average passenger with proceeds going to Dialysis fund. Check it out

http://www.hogsonthehighseas.com/main.htm

Karen&Roy, thank you SOOOO much for letting me know. I remember reading about this event but I couldn't remember when it was.

I posted a thread a few minutes ago asking for opinions on the 11/1 Freedom vs the 10/31 Enchantment.

As much as I'm still dying to go on a Freedom class ship, and despite having been on the Enchantment AND Grandeur already, I think my mind has now been made up.

I have no problem with being on a cruise with 2,000 bikers. They're probably going to be a HELL of a lot of fun, esp. at night. HOWEVER, I wouldn't want to be on a cruise with 2,000 of ANY special group!

::whew::

Karen&Roy, thank you SOOOO much for letting me know. I remember reading about this event but I couldn't remember when it was.

I posted a thread a few minutes ago asking for opinions on the 11/1 Freedom vs the 10/31 Enchantment.

As much as I'm still dying to go on a Freedom class ship, and despite having been on the Enchantment AND Grandeur already, I think my mind has now been made up.

I have no problem with being on a cruise with 2,000 bikers. They're probably going to be a HELL of a lot of fun, esp. at night. HOWEVER, I wouldn't want to be on a cruise with 2,000 of ANY special group!

::whew::

Glad i could help but I sure wish I was going on the Nov 1st cruise..it is QUITE the party...LOL :p

We're on the September 13th sailing as well, and I've been watching for a price drop, too! It looks like there are several balcony cabins available on deck 6, but not enough to warrant a drop. I'd just like to be able to upgrade a bit!

Although that week is the statistical peak of hurricane season, I think that Freedom moving to PC has spurred some interest. We sailed on Mariner that same week for 2 years in a row and never had a problem finding a price drop --- so that's about the only reason I can find for the price staying higher.

There is a roll call thread but it's pretty slow. Maybe many new cruisers aboard?

I would expect demand for the Freedom Class ships will increase even more after September 1st, due to the Diamond members being excluded from the Concierge Lounges. Many of my Diamond friends will now only book Freedom Class ships since they'll still have access to the Diamond Lounge. The CL was important to a great deal of people.

I would expect demand for the Freedom Class ships will increase even more after September 1st, due to the Diamond members being excluded from the Concierge Lounges. Many of my Diamond friends will now only book Freedom Class ships since they'll still have access to the Diamond Lounge. The CL was important to a great deal of people.

Its shocking to think what people will do for free drinks. What ever happened to cruising because you love to cruise. Im quite glad all the Diamond members are out of the lounge....Now, I wont have to listen to all the constant complaining from most of the diamond members.

Its shocking to think what people will do for free drinks. What ever happened to cruising because you love to cruise. Im quite glad all the Diamond members are out of the lounge....Now, I wont have to listen to all the constant complaining from most of the diamond members.

Actually Royal Caribbean should close all Diamond lounges and kick the Diamond Plus out of the CL. Make it for the Grand Suite and higher cabins. :)

Actually Royal Caribbean should close all Diamond lounges and kick the Diamond Plus out of the CL. Make it for the Grand Suite and higher cabins. :)

Perhaps the CL should be reserved for only the inhabitants of the Royal Suite and maybe the Royal Family Suite. Let's make it REALLY exclusive!

Perhaps the CL should be reserved for only the inhabitants of the Royal Suite and maybe the Royal Family Suite. Let's make it REALLY exclusive!

I have a feeling the concierges wouldn't be in favor of that. Especially since they're probably going to lose about 80% of their tips when the Diamonds are out.

How shocking, indeed! :rolleyes:

Not a lot of inside cabins (except for 7 PRs) are available for this date but there are lots of OV cabins (19 H, 14 I, 4 F),17 D1 balconies and 9 GS at this fairly late date. Guarantee bookings are being offered which is a sign that this sailing isn't full.

Archived