Upsellling

edicus

My TA was originally told NCL was not upselling our sailing yet. I told her about posts on my roll call indiating that was not true and asked her to call back. TA did and got the name of the person in charge of upsells for our sailing, but was told she was out of the office for the day. TA left a message and later that day she was successful in an upsell for our cabin, but not my mom's (they were booked together). That took 2 calls the following day, but ultimatley we got an upsell there too. I suggest pushing your TA to follow up with muliple calls if necessary.

Good Luck!!!!

Thank you very much for responding. I have been a little pushy so here is what my TA sent me. Next time I think I will just book with NCL.

In response to email below, BPS has made over 6 attempts (very pro active) ,it was actually 3, for securing upsell requests on you behalf. Please be advised that no response to requests have secured. Please also note that the note (listed below) sent does not reflect the number of passengers listed that received upsell offers. A double may be easier to secure, while your booking is for a quad and cruiselines have fire restrictions and limited spaces available to move quads. This is not true because the upsold cabins I am interested in are all quad cabins that can actually hold six so NCL would lose revenue putting 2 in a cabin that hold 6.

Anyway, congrats on your upsell and enjoy. I was in an AA on the pearl last year that I won playing Bingo on the ship. Maybe I can get lucky again this year. Bon voyage.

I just got an upsell!

I have been monitoring the AB penthouses because they sleep 6 people, and there are five in our family. There seemed to be quite a few still available, and I phoned the US on Saturday, but was just quoted the going rate for an upgrade ($1300).

I called the upsell desk today (because I am in UK). Got transferred to the person dealing with the Gem. Asked whether an upsell was even possible, and was really pleased with the price of $500.

We are keeping one of our existing cabins (for my mum), and the rest of us will transfer to the AB once onboard (I was told this would be OK).

I am still dancing with delight. We depart on 18th October, so this is really a lovely bonus.

We just got an upsell too! We went from an AF to an AB. I am absolutely ecstatic because DD will now have her own room, so once she goes to bed at night hubby and I won't be banished to total silence! I was starting to get a little worried about only a curtain seperating her from us.

October 25 can't come soon enough!!!

We just got an upsell too! We went from an AF to an AB. I am absolutely ecstatic because DD will now have her own room, so once she goes to bed at night hubby and I won't be banished to total silence! I was starting to get a little worried about only a curtain seperating her from us.

October 25 can't come soon enough!!!

Do you mind saying what the upsell cost? We're in an AF on the next Dawn cruise after yours (The repo).

I still haven't been successful with my TA. Appears he doesn't have a clue what "upsell" means. Just 10 minutes ago, I was quoted $6,398.32 for three people in an A3 sailing on the Pearl in three days. Didn't even take in what I have already paid for our BA. That is the same price that NCL is selling the cabin for right now. I even mentioned this thread and telling him I know people have gotten upsells on our saling. Did no good.

In the last 20 minutes, I have seen all the ABs vanish as well as one A3. Somebody is getting these.

I still haven't been successful with my TA. Appears he doesn't have a clue what "upsell" means. Just 10 minutes ago, I was quoted $6,398.32 for three people in an A3 sailing on the Pearl in three days. Didn't even take in what I have already paid for our BA. That is the same price that NCL is selling the cabin for right now. I even mentioned this thread and telling him I know people have gotten upsells on our saling. Did no good.

In the last 20 minutes, I have seen all the ABs vanish as well as one A3. Somebody is getting these.

Kind of makes you wonder if that bottle of wine or the $75 OBC is really worth it, doesn't it? Book direct next time.

Peter

Thank you very much for responding. I have been a little pushy so here is what my TA sent me. Next time I think I will just book with NCL.

In response to email below, BPS has made over 6 attempts (very pro active) ,it was actually 3, for securing upsell requests on you behalf. Please be advised that no response to requests have secured. Please also note that the note (listed below) sent does not reflect the number of passengers listed that received upsell offers. A double may be easier to secure, while your booking is for a quad and cruiselines have fire restrictions and limited spaces available to move quads. This is not true because the upsold cabins I am interested in are all quad cabins that can actually hold six so NCL would lose revenue putting 2 in a cabin that hold 6.

Anyway, congrats on your upsell and enjoy. I was in an AA on the pearl last year that I won playing Bingo on the ship. Maybe I can get lucky again this year. Bon voyage.

what they have said is potentialy true the cabin may hold 4/6 but the lifeboat is full.

Check that you can book the cabin you want on-line for 4 people.

I have seen AB/A3 cabins only show for 2 and not 4 when checking availabilty

what they have said is potentialy true the cabin may hold 4/6 but the lifeboat is full.

Check that you can book the cabin you want on-line for 4 people.

I have seen AB/A3 cabins only show for 2 and not 4 when checking availabilty

I did try to book an A3 or AB for four on my sailing and it is available.

I am so excited.:D After reading these boards I got brave and called the "upsell desk" We got an upsell from AF to AB!!! We started in a BB and then called my PCC a few months ago (after the final payment) when the AF price went down and got to move to AF for the new price. Today I just asked what they were offering. I did a little negociating ( but I thought the offer was pretty fair). I am never going to get out of the bathtub for the whole cruise;) Thanks so much to everyone for the advise on CC. Special thanks to Terry for for the "formula" for evaluating an upsell. It gave me a point of reference in calling! :)

I could just reach out from my computer & kiss everyone on this board!

I am booked on the Star for the Oct 10 cruise to the Mexican Riviera in BA balcony. I called the upsell desk and got a romance suite on desk 10 for $900.

Hi,

I'm just wondering if you booked direct with NCL or through an agent?

I'm booking our first cruise on NCL this week and would love love love to get an upsel (like most people on here I'm sure:rolleyes: )

Too late to edit last post so another one please:o

If you book through NCL can you transfer to an agent and then still be able to phone NCL direct to enquire about an upsell?? ... Am a buit confused because this is what I 'think' I read from one of the earlier posts on the thread ... can someone spell it out for me please??

Also, the TA I'm looking at booking with is offering 'our' cruise $300+ cheaper than what I can get it for with NCL - any way of getting this AND being able to phone the upsell desk direct also??

And another one ... There are some back Aft cabins available for our sailing - thoughts on having a better chance of an upsell if we were in one of those??

This is great information.

To summarize, I should call my travel agent approximately 6 weeks before traveling to ask her to contact NCL for an upgrade

I wont be able to call directly because of my TA?

So here is an upgrade question-

Both of my staterooms were upgraded upon reservation due to an administrative error. (BB-->BA, JJ-->I). My reservation is linked to my profile on NCL.com and there is actually a note of the upgrade. Will I be eligible for more upgrades? Or just unlikely to be contacted due to existing upgrade? just wondering...

Too late to edit last post so another one please:o

If you book through NCL can you transfer to an agent and then still be able to phone NCL direct to enquire about an upsell?? ... Am a buit confused because this is what I 'think' I read from one of the earlier posts on the thread ... can someone spell it out for me please??

Also, the TA I'm looking at booking with is offering 'our' cruise $300+ cheaper than what I can get it for with NCL - any way of getting this AND being able to phone the upsell desk direct also??

And another one ... There are some back Aft cabins available for our sailing - thoughts on having a better chance of an upsell if we were in one of those??

Whoever holds your booking at the time will have to phone the upsell desk, it doesn't matter who you booked through originally. If you're with NCL, you can call them direct, but if you're with a TA they have to call NCL on your behalf - and the success of that will really come down to your TA. You don't have control or the power to negotiate directly. Some have asked to be on a 3 way conference call with NCL and their TA so that's probably the best case scenario.

Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too... ie TA discount AND direct contact with NCL...it's one of the other I'm afraid...

Hey All

We have an AE penthouse booked on the Pride of America and I am going have my TA call the Upsell Fairy.

My question is it worth it to get an upsell to AB Penthouse or AA Owner Suite. It will be a couple of hundred square feet larger, but there is just the two of us. It looks like there is an outdoor whirlpool --- but is there any other perks that we will be missing if we stay in AE Penthouse cat.?

The retail extra cost will be about 750$PP+- MY TA is pretty good so it will be interesting to see what she will get for a price. What would be a reasonable cost?

What do you'all think?

Regards,

Leggo

Hey All

We have an AE penthouse booked on the Pride of America and I am going have my TA call the Upsell Fairy.

My question is it worth it to get an upsell to AB Penthouse or AA Owner Suite. It will be a couple of hundred square feet larger, but there is just the two of us. It looks like there is an outdoor whirlpool --- but is there any other perks that we will be missing if we stay in AE Penthouse cat.?

The retail extra cost will be about 750$PP+- MY TA is pretty good so it will be interesting to see what she will get for a price. What would be a reasonable cost?

What do you'all think?

Regards,

Leggo

I think your situation is exactly why I always book direct and don't use a TA. You have no idea what they are going to offer her or what the price will be. Absent that, you also have no idea what instructions to give her about negotiating whatever the offer will be. Some people aren't aware that you can negotiate upsells.

Peter

I think your situation is exactly why I always book direct and don't use a TA. You have no idea what they are going to offer her or what the price will be. Absent that, you also have no idea what instructions to give her about negotiating whatever the offer will be. Some people aren't aware that you can negotiate upsells.

Peter

I can see your point - however my TA has always done a great job saving me money, working out issues and going the extra mile. Back to the original question -- what do I gain by going to an AA owner suite from an AE penthouse? It looks like maybe free booze, 200 sqft more room, whirlpool on the deck, larger balc. and maybe garden privileges? Anything else?

I can see your point - however my TA has always done a great job saving me money, working out issues and going the extra mile. Back to the original question -- what do I gain by going to an AA owner suite from an AE penthouse? It looks like maybe free booze, 200 sqft more room, whirlpool on the deck, larger balc. and maybe garden privileges? Anything else?

I don't think you have any garden privileges. You might be thinking of the courtyards on the Jewel class ships.

• 1 month later...
When should I call the upsell fairies, my cruise is in 31 days?:confused:

If you really think they are upsell fairies, then there is no need to call them; just close your eyes and spin around three times and poof, they will appear in person.

If you think there is an upsell department at NCL whose job it is is to fill the ship and maximize revenue, then I would call them somewhere between three to two weeks out. Provided, of course, that you booked direct. If you booked thru a TA, they will have to call on your behalf.

While I would love to talk directly to NCL in hopes of an upsell and negotiate it myself. The price difference with the OBC and straight discount between my TA and NCL direct is a little bit over $700. Paying $700 extra in the hopes that one can negotiate or get a upsell, well, I don't think anybody would do that. I did contact my TA for a upsell but I rather take my chances this way than pay the $700.

While I would love to talk directly to NCL in hopes of an upsell and negotiate it myself. The price difference with the OBC and straight discount between my TA and NCL direct is a little bit over $700. Paying $700 extra in the hopes that one can negotiate or get a upsell, well, I don't think anybody would do that. I did contact my TA for a upsell but I rather take my chances this way than pay the $700.

To each their own. On my two upsells, I saved well over $700 so I am more than happy to forgo the discounts for the upsells.

So the moral of the story is to find a good TA that will negotiate a good price on an upsell.:D

Half of the TA's won't even pass along an upsell offer because they get nothing out of it and the cruiser will never know. Just like price drops. The very best person to be in charge of my vacation will always be me.

Archived