Alaska Cruise Question

Looking to do a cruise RT out of Seattle to Alaska. The price difference for 2 people on my selected date is only $72 (total) more to go on the Norwegian Pearl instead of the Carnival Spirit. What are your insights/opinions of these 2 ships. Thank you in advance for your input and comments.

PS Only cruised once on the Fascination out of Jacksonville. Had a blast.

We have only been on Carnival, but I am sure both cruise lines will give you a fine vacation.

What I can tell you is that the Spirit class ships are my favorite. I love the layout...they are a little more subdued in their decor....while still retaining the Carnival fun.

One upside to cruising with Carnival (besides saving $72) is that you are one more cruise closer to Platinum. ;)

I already made my choice, I am going on the Carnival Spirit May 2010! I went on the Legend this past spring, and the Spirit is the same ship with different decorations. I can't say enough good things about Carnival and the Legend. I am looking forward to my Alaska cruise! Good luck deciding!

I'll be taking my first Carnival cruise in a couple of months. I have done NCL and Holland America to Alaska. Didn't care for NCL at all, Holland was much more upscale. I've heard good things about Carnival, I would choose that over NCL.

I have only sailed on NCL Pearl to Alaska (June 07) and not on Carnival's Spirit.

The Pearl was very nice, staff friendly, food okay, but we found that it didn't offer many daytime activities.

We have sailed on Carnival & RC but this was our first time with NCL.

Karen

Archived