Flat Screen TV's

mdmourges

The Veranda Suite image on the Silversea Spirit website shows a TV in the sitting area and another in the sleeping section. This seems very extravagant. Could be because the sitting room TV doesn't rotate. Or this is just a possible configuration. I'll find out for sure next April.

The Silver Suites must have a TV for each of the two rooms I'm sure.

Jim00,

We just got back from a cruise in a Verandah cabin and there is only one TV. I'm sure they rotated it for the cabin pictures to highlight that it is indeed viewable from both the bed and the sitting area.

Enjoy!

Randy

The Veranda Suite image on the Silversea Spirit website shows a TV in the sitting area and another in the sleeping section. .
I asked that question a couple of months ago on this board (an earlier thread) and someone replied that there will be only one TV on a swivel base. Presumably, what we see (in those "pictures") are artist's renditions, not real photographs!

The Silver Suites on the Shadow and Whisper have two TV's.

One in the bedroom that is at right angles to the bed. It's not a very practical position for watching a movie in bed but is OK to look at the 'Bridge Cam" as you enter port in the early morning.

The other, is in the main cabin, in a cabinet between the hallway and the the bedroom. This directly faces the sofa and two easy chairs and is well positioned for viewing. It is fine for watching when the bedroom doors are closed and your wife is asleep. When you decide to go to bed you can enter the bedroom via the toilet & bathroom and not disturb her by opening the glass doors between the sitting area and the bedroom which have heavy curtains and can be quite noisy to open.

• 3 weeks later...

@ExpertCruiser twitters Two LCD TV's in all suites.

Remember reading somewhere that they are interactive and "movies on-demand". Very convenient if true. Now we'll stay up even later catching up with movies we've missed. Hope there is a good selection, i.e. like ship's old library.

Perhaps Mr Tucker would like to clarify whether the Spirit's basic suites have one TV or two.

Posted today on twitter: "one really cool tidbit. All suites have 2 flat panel TVs and the one in the bedroom is behind the mirror. Suites are huge!"

Cheers

ging466

@ExpertCruiser twitters Two LCD TV's in all suites.

Remember reading somewhere that they are interactive and "movies on-demand". Very convenient if true. Now we'll stay up even later catching up with movies we've missed. Hope there is a good selection, i.e. like ship's old library.

There is also a pretty good selection of DVD's in the library. Take the case to the Concierge Desk and they will put the disk in it.

Posted today on twitter: "one really cool tidbit. All suites have 2 flat panel TVs and the one in the bedroom is behind the mirror. Suites are huge!"
Thank you. So the artisit's rendition on Silversea's website is right. So there is now one known "advancement", along with other "drawbacks" (likely reduced public space per passenger)!

Archived