Getting to the Baltimore Pier

Granny1

Just a few questions on getting to the Baltimore pier from those that have had the joy of already using that port for their cruise. Upon looking at the map and reading some old directions, am I safe to say that the exit might be numbered 55 off 95 before the tunnel going north to get to the pier?

We are traveling from western Pa and was starting to look for hotels along the way and weighing the cost of staying out of town and then parking at the pier or using a hotel that allows parking for the week and has a shuttle..Having your own car at the pier certainly has it's pluses, but the cost for the week stinks..:confused:

Exit 55 off I-95 is the exit for the cruise terminal. You will be able to see it from the highway. It's very easy to access off the interstate.

Check the website "parksleepfly.com" They have a section for Baltimore that lists hotels that provide free parking for a night's stay.

We found the port very easy to get in and out of last week and yesterday. When you come off the ramp onto E Mccomas, just follow the Cruise Maryland signs, not the port terminal signs. I am glad we had the car there with us, instead of having to wait for a shuttle to take us to a hotel to get the car. When you leave, you go to the right, do a loop at the end of the block and come back down to the ramp to go 95 South. I'm not sure where in western PA you are going back to, but if this helps any, we left the pier at 1245pm, stopped for lunch in Hagerstown, a washroom break in Somerset and was at the 76/79 split shortly after 5.

• 5 weeks later...

Granny1

We live in Western PA also. Cruised to Bermuda last year. We left home at 6AM, stop at Breezewood then down the road to the pier. We were parked checked in & on ship for lunch at 11:30am. Will do the same next year when we go to the Bahamas. I would rather pay the parking than the hotel!!

Gram2trips

We would do this driving in the day of the cruise if it weren't winter time..My biggest fear is a snowstorm and if there is one I want to be in Baltimore when it hits..As long as we can get down to Breezewood and out of the major mt roads of Pa I would feel alot better as there is not a good way to get out of Pa..

I've been caught on that Penn Turnpike with winter weather brewing! If you see it heading your way, I'd try to get to at least Frederick, MD so you're completely over the mountains before it hits. Usually it's milder weather once you get to that side of the mountains....usually!:)

I don't blame you for wanting to get closer the day before in the winter. Around here you just never know when a light winter rain will turn into 10 inches of snow!

And January's the WORST!

Take Care,

Jaime

• 2 weeks later...

Archived