Anyone have over 30 plus cruises CCL ?

southbayer

My DW has 20 and I have 17 with 2 booked in the next 6 months....I saw something on my last Carnival cruise about a gentleman who has taken a 3 day out of California over 80 times....Every one on the ship knows his name......Dennis

I think they had a picture of him in Currents magazine as I recall... either that or I linked to it from Carnival.com

I wonder if he sits at the same table (for dinner) each sailing... or if he prefers a more "random" table assignment. For that matter... does he sail in the same cabin each time... or just waits on standby for those last minute bargains --- speaking of which I have not seen as many of those DEEPLY discounted last minute deals - perhaps I am looking in the wrong places!

Tom

My DW has 20 and I have 17 with 2 booked in the next 6 months....I saw something on my last Carnival cruise about a gentleman who has taken a 3 day out of California over 80 times....Every one on the ship knows his name......Dennis

Yep..I think he went once a month...that is soo cool.

There is a gentleman called "Old Man Wiggle" (not being disrespectful...that is what he calls himself) that cruises out of New Orleans about once a month.

He is a HOOT. Mid 90's and very interesting. He does the Talent Show on every cruise...

BTW, that is ME in 40 years!!!!!!

Amazing!......I don't know if I would have the energy to pack and unpack that many times.....however,....cruising that many times ....would be fun :)

I take the same things. My "cruise clothes" are kept separate from other things in my closet and are renewed from time to time. Except for undies, it's all in one place and all goes into a 21" roll-on-board. I pack the morning I leave for the airport...takes about 1/2 hour. Usually weighs in about 40-45 pounds.

Takes even less time to unpack once on board. Everything stays folded and places on shelves........BAM, I'm done.

I take the same things. My "cruise clothes" are kept separate from other things in my closet and are renewed from time to time. Except for undies' date=' it's all in one place and all goes into a 21" roll-on-board. I pack the morning I leave for the airport...takes about 1/2 hour. Usually weighs in about 40-45 pounds.

Takes even less time to unpack once on board. Everything stays folded and places on shelves........BAM, I'm done.[/quote']

Since for years I had to pack for FOUR :eek: I had my packing list saved on the computer listed under how long the cruise was.

Now that the oldest is 21...I only have to pack for THREE!! :D

I take the same things. My "cruise clothes" are kept separate from other things in my closet and are renewed from time to time. Except for undies' date=' it's all in one place and all goes into a 21" roll-on-board. I pack the morning I leave for the airport...takes about 1/2 hour. Usually weighs in about 40-45 pounds.

Takes even less time to unpack once on board. Everything stays folded and places on shelves........BAM, I'm done.[/quote']

Since for years I had to pack for FOUR :eek: I had my packing list saved on the computer listed under how long the cruise was.

Now that the oldest is 21...I only have to pack for THREE!! :D

I can definitely learn a thing or two from you all :D.....I need guidance...my packing is a stressful event :(

will be reached on the Holidays last sail (b2b's with the Halloween one) and i have 2 more at present, but planning Feb, and Oct..so that is a mere 27 by the..but since Fall of '06..23 total..and in my cruzin youth, and mid life many other lines and times..another life ago.

I'm not up to 30 yet, but will have 27 by the end of the year. :) Question for those who have over 25, does Carnival continue to put the milestone insignia on your S&S or is it just for the actual milestone cruises (25, 50, etc.)?

Yes.

If, for whatever reason, you need a replacement card on the ship, it won't have, or at least I've never seen a replacement card that did.

We have cruised about 36 times, but only the last three with Carnival. Ask me again in a few years. LOL

With that many cruises you have no doubt tried multiple lines. The fact that you, with that experience, have sailed with Carnival for your last three bodes well for their product. Any chance your next one is also with Carnival?

Tom

Yes.

If, for whatever reason, you need a replacement card on the ship, it won't have, or at least I've never seen a replacement card that did.

They can get you a replacement card that has the Milestone Insignia on the ship. We have had to get them there a couple of times when they did not have the correct card waiting for us in the terminal.

But when this has happened...I have waited until the line at the Purser's Desk slowed down...because (from what they told me) they have to go get them out of the "safe"???

Our son just turned 18 years old and just completed his 31st Carnival cruise....we have two more booked for this year.

According to Carnival, when he was 17 years old....he was one of six kids who were Milestone Rewards Members (25 cruises or more).

Not bad for a kid whose parents are not travel agents and do not work for the cruise line.....

:D

Wow, that is wonderful!!

Archived