Remember Hyacinth Bucket on QE2?

MollyBrown

I saw this episode the other day. I like the way Hyacinth finally comes to terms in the end with the fact that her "stowaway" sister and spouse actually won a luxury crossing on QE2, and cuts in to do a completely goofy dance with Onslow.

And speaking of the set, I didn't really recognize QE2, except in parts possibly. But I suppose it would have been difficult to do the show on the ship itself.

It was filmed on board, but bear in mind the changes that took place on her over the years. I certainly recognised the entrance to the Caronia Restaurant and all the deck shots. A wonderful enduring piece of comedy!

It was filmed on board, but bear in mind the changes that took place on her over the years. I certainly recognised the entrance to the Caronia Restaurant and all the deck shots. A wonderful enduring piece of comedy!

Likewise, the deck shots look familiar, and probably the Caronia Restaurant, but Hyacinth's stateroom did not look like a QE2 stateroom. I suppose considering the odd shapes of many of the staterooms, it might have been difficult to film in one; and even some of the QG's were not huge.

Archived