Shuttle - Seattle Airport to Vancouver

Mparis184

We are on a Princess criuse tour and the shuttle from the airport to the ship in Vancouver is included. Princess has told us to be at the airport at 11AM for the shuttle.

Does anyone have any experience taking this shuttle? We are spending the night at an airport hotel and would like to leave earlier for Vancouver than the 11AM shuttle.

Is is true that the shuttle can take 3-4 hours to get to the port in Vancouver? Yes, I guess it depends on the traffic that day.

Thanks,

Marion

The Princess busses started leaving about 9 AM for a sailaway that was scheduled at 4:00 PM. I'd imagine you could show up earlier, but I'd ask. Yes, they tell you it takes 3 or 4 hours, but it really takes about 2.5 hours unless you have delays at the border like we did. If you're on a Princess bus, the ship isn't going to leave without you!

We took the Princess shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver in 2005. We were told to be at the airport at noon and when we got there we discovered that shuttles left starting much earlier than noon. Apparently, if we had arrived earlier we could have taken an earlier shuttle. They collected our "tickets" but there was no time on it. Since you will be staying near the airport, you might want to go earlier and see if you could catch an earlier shuttle. Yes, sometimes you are delayed at the border. We were fortunate that it only took a few minutes to get through.

We took the Princess Shuttle back in June. We got there around 10 and it was my impression that as soon as there was enough people to fill a bus, they were loaded on and the bus headed out. So I think the earlier you get there, the earlier you will get to the ship.

3 to 4 hours is realistic. The distance between SeaTac and Vancouver is about 140 miles. But you have to factor in a stop at the border for Customs. And also factor in that Vancouver does not have a freeway system thru the city so the last part of the trip is all on streets.

Have a great trip.

We are on a Princess criuse tour and the shuttle from the airport to the ship in Vancouver is included. Princess has told us to be at the airport at 11AM for the shuttle.

Does anyone have any experience taking this shuttle? We are spending the night at an airport hotel and would like to leave earlier for Vancouver than the 11AM shuttle.

Is is true that the shuttle can take 3-4 hours to get to the port in Vancouver? Yes, I guess it depends on the traffic that day.

Thanks,

Marion

Seattle airport to Vancouver dock (to drive) is 3 hours. more if you try driving through seattle or Vancouver in rush hour.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=sea+airport&daddr=Canada+Pl,+Vancouver,+BC,+Canada&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=49.263588,-123.138565&sspn=0.271542,0.727158&ie=UTF8&z=8

Plus however long it takes to cross the border.

Archived