Pictures of Sprit Class 7A cabins and balconies

My husband and I are thinking about taking our first cruise together in 2011. We're considering a balcony room but the budget is limiting us to looking at what the obstructed views would actually mean. We have 2 children who will be 8 and 10 when we travel. There are obstructed view balconies with the king bed, a convertible sofa and an upper bunk which is what we would need for everyone.

The youngest is up at the crack of dawn so one of us being able to walk him down to camp carnival on our same deck is a wonderful luxury for us. We are looking for the balcony more to be outside of the cabin while the kids are sleeping but still able to keep an eye on them. We usually at home spend an hour or so after the kids are in bed sitting and talking on the steps of our house.

Thanks in advance!

We were in one of those on the Spirit last year. It's really only obstructed if you look down. The top of the lifeboat comes up to the bottom of the balcony. If you are in between the boats, I think there may be a couple of small cables. Make sure you stay a little bit back, the first 3 boats are the tenders and they are taller. You are also protected if it rains as the balconies above are the extended ones and hang out a bit further. I have some pictures somewhere. will try to find them and post for you. We would absolutely stay in one again. You get a balcony at an oceanview price! Enjoy your cruise!

Not all obstructed view cabins have a '''view". Ours had the life boats directly in front of the french doors. DD got lucky and had a view between the boats a little. Love the Spirit though, going on our third trip on her in 68 days!

Not all obstructed view cabins have a '''view". Ours had the life boats directly in front of the french doors. DD got lucky and had a view between the boats a little. Love the Spirit though, going on our third trip on her in 68 days!

The staterooms with the french doors are not 7A obstructed balcony staterooms, though. They are 4F staterooms which are charged at the interior stateroom rate. ALL 7A staterooms feature a view that is slightly blocked by the lifeboats. They are found on deck 5. 4F staterooms are found on deck 4 and are almost completely obstructed by the lifeboats.

Archived