Freedom Dining

Falkirk Bairn

Did freedom dining on Vetura last year and really enjoyed it but you still have to share with others, all nights but one were good except one when two couples spent all the meal arguing amongst themselves until i put my opinion to them and then they proceded to go into complete silence, safe to say we avoided them for the rest of the cruise.

Did freedom dining on Vetura last year and really enjoyed it but you still have to share with others, all nights but one were good except one when two couples spent all the meal arguing amongst themselves until i put my opinion to them and then they proceded to go into complete silence, safe to say we avoided them for the rest of the cruise.

We have just come back from a fortnight on ventura and you don't have to share with others. you can if you want to but we had a table for two every evening. When there was a wait we were given a pager. The max time we waited was 15 mins so we had a pre dinner drink and the ship was a full sail. You can choose to share with others if you want too

We have just come back from a fortnight on ventura and you don't have to share with others. you can if you want to but we had a table for two every evening. When there was a wait we were given a pager. The max time we waited was 15 mins so we had a pre dinner drink and the ship was a full sail. You can choose to share with others if you want too

So Kdee, what did you think of the Ventura ? It's alright I'm not after a full blown review, just a line as to whether you would sail on her again. I remember your post on the Ventura Bashing thread, which is still one of the best posts this year. It demolished every argument on that thread in just a couple of lines [ Brilliant ]

Have cruised with P&O before and going on Ventura in September and have booked club dining 2nd sitting but now not sure after reading about freedom dining. Should we stick with the club dining or try and change to the freedom dining .

To change or not has to be a personal decision as only you know what you like. Do you enjoy meeting the same people each night and discussing the days activities or being able to move the discussion on as friendships are starting to gel.

Or do you like changing tables every night and meeting new people.

Personally we would go with club as we think it is a major part of our cruise.

But as I said everyone is different. I do not think we could cope with a table for 2 each night.:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hee hee - I love my other half dearly, but we have spent most of the day together so really nice to meet new people in the bar and then to meet up with the other 6 at our table for 8 for dinner. Last year's weren't the most interesting we have ever met, but still enjoyed them. I like Club Dining.

Hee hee - I love my other half dearly, but we have spent most of the day together so really nice to meet new people in the bar and then to meet up with the other 6 at our table for 8 for dinner. Last year's weren't the most interesting we have ever met, but still enjoyed them. I like Club Dining.

I agree completely. You didn't eat the uninteresting people, did you?

:eek:

So Kdee, what did you think of the Ventura ? It's alright I'm not after a full blown review, just a line as to whether you would sail on her again. I remember your post on the Ventura Bashing thread, which is still one of the best posts this year. It demolished every argument on that thread in just a couple of lines [ Brilliant ]
:D

Hi, thx Stopgo, you are too kind ;)

yes we loved it - had a really great time. I really don't understand people that complain so vehemently after they return from a cruise.

Seriously, some people were complaining on our trip to Pompeii that it was way too hot and that they should have been pre-warned by P&O :rolleyes: (hmm...Naples - Mid July - you do the math :D)

Would I sail on her again? Yes

Am I planning to? - Yes on the 10th April if we can grab a bargain balcony for the cost of an inside :)

We have just booked our main cruise (how decadent to be able to say "main" LOL) though on Oriana next year in July.

I must admit, Ventura is BIG and plus, having sailed with NCL and now Ventura, I'm prepared to take the plunge and dress up EVERY evening not just some and by that I really mean tie for husband...obviously I always look smart :D

Archived