Fuel Surcharge...

tedjazz

The price of Oil has gone back over $70/barrel again and I haven't noticed any press releases about the subject from the Cruiselines recently, so I'm sure no Surcharge is eminent, but at what point do you think they might implement the surcharge again, $75...$80...$85.? Do you think it will be graduated, like $5pp/pd at first, then $7pp/pd and then $9pp/pd or just right up to $9pp/pd? I know it's just speculation, but I was curious what others might be thinking. Thanks

Their statement says they have the right to implement a surcharge, but that doesn't mean that they have to. It caused such a ruckus last time that I believe they will try putting it off as long as they can before they do it again. I would think that the price of oil would have to go up over $70 bbl and stay there for awhile before they would consider reinstituting the fuel surcharge. JMHO:)

The price of Oil has gone back over $70/barrel again and I haven't noticed any press releases about the subject from the Cruiselines recently, so I'm sure no Surcharge is eminent, but at what point do you think they might implement the surcharge again, $75...$80...$85.? Do you think it will be graduated, like $5pp/pd at first, then $7pp/pd and then $9pp/pd or just right up to $9pp/pd? I know it's just speculation, but I was curious what others might be thinking. Thanks

If I had a crystal ball, I could possibly answer all your above questions and maybe make some $$$ :D. Oil has been bouncing up and down for a month or so and I am certain the cruiselines are watching it closely.....And no one can really speculate how, when, or at what cost p/p the cruiselines are going to implement any fuel surcharges..... Your guess is as good as anyone elses right now ! :rolleyes:

I would think that the price of oil would have to go up over $70 bbl and stay there for awhile before they would consider reinstituting the fuel surcharge. JMHO:)

That's a good point, it has bounced around for awhile. So, I'm guessing if it stays above say $75 for a month, then the Surcharge is back on...just a guess.

My DH said the price of the barrel of oil is suppoesed to be over $70 but the price is taken from some other trading/selling company and he has been looking for it for months. I just hope it somes down not only for extra charge on cruise but on the gas pump I see every week.:eek:

http://carnival-news.com/2009/06/10/carnival-corporation-plc-statement-on-reinstatement-of-fuel-supplements/

If they didnt add it at over $73 and with the economy, Id think it had to be closing in on $100 before they would add it. I dont expect them to do it and upset people this year.

Wow, that would be really good news. Hope it turns out to be true.

Archived